• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think we have a schism in definition of terms. I agree the Bible has a Scientific nature. I don't think it's explicitly a Scientific document. It's clearly a historical and theological document whic

This is not Christianity. Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Science is not. It is a tool for us to examine the created world and understand its functions better. If I understan

Hey all,   Can we establish/reestablish some things?   1. Everyone on here at least agrees that whether or not the Bible is a scientific document, it does display scientific truths

Posted Images

10 hours ago, Teddy said:

My first posting on the subject has said: " I am strongly convinced the Bible will soon reveal to us "how to split an atom, or cure cancer." In my study of the Bible (which has been going on for several years), I have started to see evidences of scientific knowledge throbbing behind the "fairly tales"."

My point has been that (i) from the evidence I have started to see the Bible contains scientific knowledge, (ii) I (and probably others too) have started to see the "outskirts" of His science knowledge and wisdom, and (iii) gradually the whole scientific knowledge contained in the Bible would come into full light.

I think it is safe to say that just about everyone here also studies the Bible as well.

if this were the case, then there would be no need for the events that occur in Revelation.

And, to be honest, were I God, I think the LAST thing I'd embed in the Bible is advanced scientific knowledge that could be used by a fallen creation to evil ends.  Especially the creation that can't handle "thou shalt not murder," and "thou shalt not steal."

Just sayin'.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
11 hours ago, Jeff Potts said:

I think it is safe to say that just about everyone here also studies the Bible as well.

if this were the case, then there would be no need for the events that occur in Revelation.

And, to be honest, were I God, I think the LAST thing I'd embed in the Bible is advanced scientific knowledge that could be used by a fallen creation to evil ends.  Especially the creation that can't handle "thou shalt not murder," and "thou shalt not steal."

Just sayin'.

That is a new line of protestation. 

First point. From what we know so far, fallen mankind does not need any extra assistance coming from the Bible to fashion instruments of destruction or to do evil. Fallen humanity has that innate capacity and Jesus came to deliver us from the power of Evil. Therefore, the Word will not be revealed in its scientific dimension to help mankind to wax in evil, to compound misery. That can never be the purpose of God.  

Second point. The coming revelation is to downgrade the pride of man. One area of life where humanity have lifted up their heads in pride and sneered at God is due to their scientific knowledge. But what if the Bible had it before they even thought of it? In that day only God will be lifted up and all humanity will be at His feet, humbled. 

Third point. God will reveal and entrust the knowledge, wisdom, and power coming from the Bible only to those in whom He has placed the fear-of-God. Since He has tested them through a fiery furnace, He is sure that His workmanship will not disappoint. This would rather continuously shine His glory to the whole world.