Introduction

6 minutes ago, Leah_Donavan said:

Sophie, thanks for asking. (I have no idea how to reply to your post, I think i'm replying to my own topic...hmm

That's fine. Or you can reply directly to a comment by hitting the "Quote" at the bottom of the post.

6 minutes ago, Leah_Donavan said:

I write novels, short stories, and poems. What about you?

I write mainly historical fiction novels. I've written a couple literary short stories and one poem. A little screenwriting too, but it's not my favorite.  And essays. I used to write essays, but mainly writing fiction now. . lots of novels. 🙂 

Edited by Sophie
  • Like 1

Just now, Sophie said:

That's fine. Or you can reply directly to a comment is hitting the "Quote" at the bottom of the post.

I write mainly historical fiction novels. I've written a couple literary short stories and one poem. A little screenwriting too, but it's not my favorite.  And essays. I used to write essays, but mainly writing fiction now. . lots of novels. 🙂 

What is your current novel (or novels) about? Also, what is a member reputation, and how does it happen?

• Like 1

On 3/23/2021 at 4:29 PM, Leah_Donavan said:

What is your current novel (or novels) about? 

I usually write three novels a year but am on my creative writing break now. Here's my rough elevator pitch for the one I just finished:

"In an attempt to recover stolen cattle from her father’s ranch and to rescue her precious Don, Ivy is held hostage for her discovery of the illegal cattle drive and forced to marry the West’s biggest crime master." 

On 3/23/2021 at 4:29 PM, Leah_Donavan said:

Also, what is a member reputation, and how does it happen?

That's based on how many "reactions" or likes you get. 

Edited by Sophie
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sophie said:

I usually write three novels a year but am on my creative writing break now. Here's my rough elevator pitch for the one I just finished:

"While searching in an attempt to recover stolen cattle from her father’s ranch and to rescue her precious Don, Ivy is held hostage for her discovery of the illegal cattle drive and forced to marry the West’s biggest crime master." 

That's based on how many "reactions" or likes you get. 

Wow. That sounds cool. How many novels have you finished?

Thank you!

2 hours ago, Paul but not THE said:

Welcome!  I gotta get to writing more, and disciplining myself to do so.  Trouble is, the old thought process sorta stagnates and then wanders in all sorts of directions.  CW reminds me to write, or at least think about it.

Hi, and thank you! Yay, that's a good thing. 🙂