I’m new to this website and forum. The very first thing I want to do is be sure I don’t breach any rules or policies here. Therefore, I’m asking if the following request is acceptable before possibly making a misstep.

I write and self-publish short stories. I hop around on genre but lately have focused on Bible-based Christian fiction. I want to gift-copy stories to four to ten interested readers. In exchange, receive from them an honest, a truly candid review posted to either Amazon or Smashwords. The booklets are available in either Kindle or epub format. The titles include Judas Iscariot: Blinded By The Light, The Jesus You Don’t Know, Journey to Golgotha. So moderators, If this request violates any rules or policies, please remove the post and let me know it’s a no-no. I wouldn’t want to repeat such an error.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Amazon made a new policy. You can not review any books/stories you did not buy, which is a huge blow to authors. 😒 I have feelings about that, but this isn't the place to air them.

I haven't used Smashwords, so I don't know what policies they have.

However, I wish you the best with it. 🙂

On 3/23/2021 at 2:57 PM, Alley said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but Amazon made a new policy. You can not review any books/stories you did not buy, which is a huge blow to authors. 😒 I have feelings about that, but this isn't the place to air them.

Hmmm, that is a shame. I assume this policy doesn't extend to Goodreads, though?

On 3/22/2021 at 10:21 AM, OLMG said:

I write and self-publish short stories. I hop around on genre but lately have focused on Bible-based Christian fiction. I want to gift-copy stories to four to ten interested readers. In exchange, receive from them an honest, a truly candid review posted to either Amazon or Smashwords. The booklets are available in either Kindle or epub format. The titles include Judas Iscariot: Blinded By The Light, The Jesus You Don’t Know, Journey to Golgotha.

I'd be happy to give one of your stories a shot, however, I am not able to post reviews on Amazon (for different reasons than Ally mentioned.) I generally post reviews to Goodreads, B&N, and occasionally my own blog.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Zee said:

I'd be happy to give one of your stories a shot, however, I am not able to post reviews on Amazon (for different reasons than Ally mentioned.) I generally post reviews to Goodreads, B&N, and occasionally my own blog.

Sure thing, Zee. B&N, Goodreads is fine. I believe Smashwords is far more lenient than Amazon about reviews as well. OK, select which story you'd like me to gift you, and what format you prefer (Kindle or epub) and I'll do it.  Title selections are: Journey To Golgotha (starting at childhood about the two men who ended up being crucified with Jesus),  Judas Iscariot: Blinded By The Light (a tale about Judas and what motivated him), The Jesus You Don't Know (not fiction, but a unique take on explaining Jesus to agnostics), and The Legend of the Bogeyman (an unorthodox tale about Satan and his true objective).

Edited by OLMG