It was a dark and stormy night

We are blessed at having an abundance of texts to translate from, though, and an abundance of translations to read from.  For a time, the KJV was all we had.  Now we have the ESV, the NKJV, the NIV, the CSB and so many translations!

• Like 2
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is a famous (or infamous) opening line, which I am always tempted to use.  But I am curious as to where you get your opening lines, or do you start your writing?  On those dark and story nights w

Here's something else I've noticed.  I've been a member of a Presbyterian Church for over 50 years.  When we say the Lord's Prayer we use the words, "Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors".

As of right now, I see that there are 95 replies to this topic, "It Was a Dark and Stormy Night".  This topic was started on Saturday evening, and the discussions are going off in all directions.  If

Posted Images

1 hour ago, suspensewriter said:

We are blessed at having an abundance of texts to translate from, though, and an abundance of translations to read from.  For a time, the KJV was all we had.  Now we have the ESV, the NKJV, the NIV, the CSB and so many translations!

You can check out the gateway bible.  Go to: BibleGateway.com. A searchable online Bible in over 150 versions and 50 languages.  Most of them in are in foreign languages.  Around 60 of them are in English.

• Like 2

another site says "There are more than 5,800 New Testament Manuscripts in Greek, 10,000 Old Testament Manuscript in Hebrew, and more than 19,000 copies of Manuscript in Coptic, Latin Aramaic, and Syriac languages." also translated into 690 languages.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

another site says "There are more than 5,800 New Testament Manuscripts in Greek, 10,000 Old Testament Manuscript in Hebrew, and more than 19,000 copies of Manuscript in Coptic, Latin Aramaic, and Syriac languages." also translated into 690 languages.

How's your wrist, Lynn?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Rene said:

It makes me a bit frustrated with all our Christmas cards that show them in a stable

Well, if they laid the baby in a manger, it had to do with animals that eat hay. Given the background of the translators at the time, an "inn" made sense.

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

That, by the way, makes my eyes pop!

• Like 1

LOL no not one finger. i learned to type in high school and i played the piano if that makes any sense. i'm also ambidextrous. so i go pretty fast with one hand but it does take me longer than two. 😉 i do have trouble with highlighting text or moving it and pressing three keys at once! it's much faster if i don't try to use caps. so sorry about that. 😃

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As of right now, I see that there are 95 replies to this topic, "It Was a Dark and Stormy Night".  This topic was started on Saturday evening, and the discussions are going off in all directions.  If this keeps going at this pace, would it eventually be turned into it's own website?

(Just kidding.)

• Haha 6

It looks like ItWasADarkAndStormyNight.com is an available domain name. 

I'm kinda disappointed. I was sure that someone, somewhere would have grabbed it to do something silly, but noooooo...

• Like 2