I replied to a topic @kiwigummyposted in General Discussion and I received a notification saying I was quoted, but when I clicked on it, I keep getting an error code that says I do not have permission to view the content.  I also looked for the topic in GD but couldn't find it.  What's going on?

Guest kiwigummy

@Grey_Skiesoh, don’t worry about that. I just hid every topic I ever created on CW. I responded something to the effect of you have to check your confirmation bias because you while you might want to view old school Hollywood through rose colored glasses, there’s always something hiding under the surface.

Posted (edited)

@kiwigummy Thanks for clarifying!  Oh, I hope you didn't hide the topic because of anything I said.  😬

17 minutes ago, kiwigummy said:

you have to check your confirmation bias because you while you might want to view old school Hollywood through rose colored glasses, there’s always something hiding under the surface.

Any chance you would elaborate on this for me?  I would just like to hear your thoughts on why you think classic Hollywood might not be so great.

Edited by Grey_Skies
Guest kiwigummy

@Paul but not THE oh no, you’ve been really nice to me. Just keep being awesome.

@Grey_Skies I don’t have enough information on early Hollywood to say what their values might’ve been or whether or not they facilitated the secularization of culture. Without a doubt, modern Hollywood culture has gotten toxic what with cancel culture and promotion of the leftist agenda. My theory of how churches lost their influence on the body politic of America has more to do with Nietzsche’s philosophy being localized from new PhDs coming back from European schools of thought and hybridizing with American culture through academia. This was exacerbated by the wars fought during the twentieth century.

As to Hollywood’s influence during this time, I really don’t know.

39 minutes ago, kiwigummy said:

Hollywood culture has gotten toxic

Nasty nasty nasty!   I don't even care to visit that south-left coast.  Eww!  Shiver, shiver...  I might get some on me!  My story's Donowutt County is lots like Mayberry/Hooterville/Pixley USA.  Clean, pretty innocent, maybe a bit naive, but happy.

Guest kiwigummy
3 hours ago, Grey_Skies said:

But I still hold that a high standard and degree of morality was maintained in its early days.

That might be your confirmation bias talking. I'm not a cinephile like you, but there are lots of things going on behind the scenes we don't know about. For example:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casting_couch

Guest kiwigummy
2 hours ago, Paul but not THE said:

My story's Donowutt County is lots like Mayberry/Hooterville/Pixley USA.  Clean, pretty innocent, maybe a bit naive, but happy.

image.png.00d014703fd61fee31e1210cbf35b9ce.png