Why Are Some Accounts Turned into Guest Accounts?

I noticed a couple of different users whose accounts turned into guest accounts. Does that happen if they're active on the website for a while and then are gone for so long? Or is it because they canceled their account, they were going against the rules, etc.?

No, they do it themselves. When they have deactivated or closed their account. If someone went against the rules or is a spammer, you wouldn't see their name or guest name at all. They would have been removed totally.

• Thanks 1

I'd guess that everyone who leaves will have their own reasons. Interestingly enough, I'm here precisely because someone else had a beef with this place. I was going through some posts at /r/Christanity on Reddit, and someone was griping about not being able to have anything more to do with the people here; something about doctrinal matters, I think.

Anyway, when I saw the name of the site, I thought "Hmmmmm..." and came over and checked it out (carefully, though that turned out to be unnecessary.) So, it turned out that someone else trying to trash-talk the folks here did me a great favor, and put a bit of a burden on the rest of you... 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

LOL What a tease! Now we'll all want to know who it was! 😅

Very sorry, Lynn! I honestly have no idea. There were some 300 thousand users on r/Christianity even back then, and all handles are anonymous. (My handle here and there are very similar, so you might recognize mine, but that's not so for everybody.) To make it more complicated, I wouldn't have been able to compare the completely unmemorable handle I saw on r/Christianity with anyone here. At the time, I didn't know anyone here. And I didn't go back into old posts to try to figure it out... as I said, it wasn't anyone I knew, so i wouldn't have cared. I was just following up on an interesting lead, and this time, I think I struck gold...

So that person remains completely anonymous and unknown to me. Sorry if it came across as a tease. I gave you all I got...

• Like 1
On 3/13/2021 at 2:13 PM, Wes B said:

something about doctrinal matters, I think.

It's been a while since we had that talk, and it was still likely before I came. LOL! Glad it got you over here, though! 

Edited by Alley
  • Like 2