Needing Help For a good Book Cover

@Emmanuel JeremiahI agree with lynnmosher, the second one with the Bible is the best one. I love all the flowers but they don't give the right impression I think, you want to put something more meaningful on your cover. A picture like the Bible gives me the impression that its your foundation for your book, not anodal stories which is what I mostly find a lot of the newer Christian books. Your picture needs to show that your book is serious and not emotional fluff, just like its content. 🙂 

You've got good content in your book and your picture needs to reflect that. 

• Thanks 1

The second one is best but center the text. Making the title a little smaller also will make it more professional looking. I know that we can’t all afford professional cover designers, but a good piece of advice I was given once was look at the books on your book shelf of the same genre and use them as guides. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I agree--#2.

My reasoning, without knowing your audience, is that it is the only one men might be drawn to. All the others would appeal only to women.

Also agree with the font--having "All" on it's own line looks unbalanced. A smaller font most likely would take care of that as the words are most likely wrapping around automatically.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, Carol Peterson said:

Also agree with the font--having "All" on it's own line looks unbalanced. A smaller font most likely would take care of that as the words are most likely wrapping around automatically.

Thanks. I have modify the text in #2. see how it looks now:

THE CALL TO AN INTIMATE FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD 345.jpg

Having 3 different fonts isn’t professional. The middle 3 lines follow the genre of children’s picture books. The top 2 and bottom 2 follow more of a 1990’s mystery show or book. Even changing the author name font seems bad. I don’t mean to be rude or critical. All I want is to be a help. The original font was perfect, it just needed to all be centered without the word “an” being alone. Just a quick note, the original cover #2 has the author name off center as well. You want to have the text Justified or left faced but not off set. 

Edited by MartinM
  • Thanks 1

Book cover art is a brutal business. It's as subtle as how we know a show is a soap opera within a second or two.

Like @MartinMsaid, it is a good idea to look at a bunch of traditionally published covers in your genre. The trick is to blend in while standing out. Pay attention to the fonts--and it only costs a few dollars to buy a professional one that doesn't shout "I was made in Windows Paint!" even if it was. Colors in a genre are extra important as well. 

• Like 1

Hi,

Good comments already in, but I'll add my bit and hope it helps. Of all the designs, the second has the most going for it.

But, it's great to have a design where every aspect works to grab a reader. The Title needs to stand out, not merge with the background image due to weak color selection. I'd say, re-look at your design.

10 hours ago, Elaine said:

But, it's great to have a design where every aspect works to grab a reader. The Title needs to stand out, not merge with the background image due to weak color selection. I'd say, re-look at your design.

Thanks for your suggestion Elaine. What color (text font)  do you think will standout with the background (the one with hands)?