How Much is Your Average Monthly Income from Self-Publishing

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most authors say it takes an average of ten books to make a decent income. Which reminds me, I need to get back to editing. 😋 

Of course I like it! Or at least I used to before I read through it way too many times during the editing process... 😄  But I leave that judgment call up to my readers 🙂

I haven't been self-published for a full month yet, but I've made about $15 so far. 😄 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

You know, they still won't accept me as a new member.  I've got books that are professionally published, and some self published so I believe I meet all their requirements, so I'm just giving up.  I don't have much faith in Facebook Groups anyway.

I don't know anything about this particular group, but I'm on a fair number of others, and have been completely ignored by one (non-writing-related) group. Whomever is in charge of the group is the gatekeeper of who does and doesn't get in. If they have a set of questions to answer, and if we say something that rubs them the wrong way, or if they're just having a bad day, then that's the way it goes...

The problem is not so much with Facebook groups, as it is with the individuals who start the individual groups. We can't imagine what problems they've dealt with in the past, but we can easily trigger some bad memory, without knowing it. Fortunately, there's little on Facebook that we absolutely, positively, have to become a part of. Lots of fish in that sea...

I regularly hear the phrase "I saw it on the internet, so it must be true...", but always as a joke. It's not just Facebook. If you had some good experiences there in the past, that's great, but it might have been more a matter of chance than a measure of past quality. I don't think it was ever there.

• Like 1
On 2/13/2021 at 8:34 AM, EBraten said:

it takes patience to build up a readership. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Just keep writing quality books and releasing consistently. Have you got a newsletter? I highly recommend David Gaughran's free course, Starting From Zero. He walks you through how to build an author platform from, well, zero.

Thank you for sharing the free course... I'll be checking it out soon.🙂

• Like 1