Getting Parent/Guardian permission for writing collabs

Guest kiwigummy

I didn't realize until yesterday that there are quite a lot of members who are under 18.

I think a great way for the next gen to learn writing from older members is to do synchronous collaborations that could be done on google docs, for example.

However, you should get your parent or guardian's permission first. Make sure it's okay to use synchronous documents before you proceed.

They might want to know who you're writing with and ask for the adult's credentials. And if you're over 18, it would be good to remind a young member to get permission as well. 😁

I wouldn't want kids to go on apps like Omegle unsupervised (or at all) for example.

Honestly, the less social media/video sharing apps you're on, the better.

That's all. Have a nice day! 😇

That sounds like a neat idea! I just don't know how many of us members who are under 18 use Google Docs or are allowed on it. Personally, I doubt I would be due to the fact that it's affiliated with Google and Google doesn't respect privacy, but you have a good point about asking guardians/parents.

Thanks for sharing! 😄

Guest kiwigummy
On 2/8/2021 at 4:24 PM, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

That sounds like a neat idea! I just don't know how many of us members who are under 18 use Google Docs or are allowed on it.

You are write but most other synchronous writing apps cost money 😞