...I have COVID. 

It started early Sunday morning (like 1:00 am).  I got a tickle in my throat, and a cough.  I woke up the next morning, and was achy, with a headache and an intermittent cough.  So I went and got a COVID test - one of those tests where you get the results back in 20 minutes.  It came back positive.

I'm now finishing out Day 3, and feeling sort of normal again.  I'm still achy.  I got a stuffy nose (I actually think that's allergies), and I cough on rare occasions.  I feel so much better than I did a day or two ago.  I might actually do work-work tomorrow.

I'll tell you the rest of the sordid tale in a few days.  This whole experience has been surreal.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

Praying for your safety and speedy recovery.

Now that you've told us this, I hope you'll be able to pop in for a moment every day or so, to let us know you're okay. Even if you're really busy, hop in just for a moment if you can... I'm guessin' there are a whole lot of people here who care a lot...

• Like 1

I am so glad you are doing better and your case was mild. Praying for your continued recovery.

We just have to remember that is has not been that way for 422 thousand Americans and their families. We need to pray for those families and for the people who have had serious aftereffects.

• Like 1

I'm on Day 6, and this virus just won't go away.

I woke up with a 101 temp this morning.  The first substantial fever I've had.  Yesterday is was 99.5.  I felt like total garbage this morning.  However, after my biscuit sandwich and some fluids, I'm feeling a little better.  The body aches have subsided a bit, though I still have the intermittent cough.  I also feel like I'm walking in a fog.

I finally called the doctor, and waiting for them to return my call.  I'm going to see if there is something that will speed this along.  

Nighttime is the worst.  I get cold or get the chills.  If I stay up too late, I end up being hungry, and nothing sounds good to eat.  I had my wife bring up some Ritz crackers.  I have an appetite, but nothing too rich.

The rest of the family is still symptom-free, and I thank God for that.  We've gone through an industrial size can of Lysol, and I'll pull out a Clorox wipe before I touch anything.

I originally thought this virus was nothing, because I had some pretty mild symptoms.  I've been much sicker before, but this is like a long, slow war of attrition.

• Like 2

An update.

I checked myself into the hospital as of Monday.  Brushing my teeth and taking a shower became a multistage ordeal.  I was severely dehydrated and nausea kept me from eating anything.  The coughing was awful.

I've had two treatments of remdesvir and had a bunch of fluids pumped into me.  I dared blueberry pancakes this morning, but I think that was one bridge too far.  Chicken strips with mash potatoes and plain rice, however, went down well.  I have cantaloupe waiting for me for dessert.

I am on supplemental Oxygen right now.  It's what keeps me from being fatigued.

Remdesvir broke my fever in a matter of a couple of hours, and I have remained fever free since Monday.  How they tell me it is a matter of prying the virus from my system and making sure I am weened off supplemental Oxygen before I can go home.  One of the doctors came in and told me that my blood work is improving, so that is a good sign.

Not the best news, but good news given the context.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

Dear Heavenly Father,

I want to lift @Jeff Potts up to you that he will be healed of his illness and plenty of antibodies once this ordeal is over. Give him courage and wisdom in his path to recovery, and lots of cleansing fruits and vegetable smoothies to ease his temperature. May your mercy flow through him like supplemental oxygen. Heal his mental state by knowing that CW folks are praying for his swift recovery. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.

• Like 1