how I got here

Guest kiwigummy

Guest kiwigummy

So I'm new to Christian Writers. It was a long journey to find this place, and here's the short version.

I wasn't really connecting with people on NaNoWriMo's forums.

There was this nice homeschooled girl on the forum who told me about K.M. Weiland's website.

This past year, I purchased the Your Novel Blueprints course from Jerry Jenkins, one of the authors of the Left Behind series (which I read a couple volumes of back when I was in Sunday School)

Jerry Jenkins did a collab with K.M. Weiland in one of the modules.

I was looking for beta readers. Couldn't find them on the Goodreads, Discord, Fiverr, or anywhere!

Found K.M. Weiland's article on the subject.

Was referred here.

Maybe you guys have had similar experiences trying to find help fixing your manuscript?

You can call me Kiwi for short, though my real name is John.

My favorite book is The Great Gatsby. (Any friend of Gatsby's is a friend of mine)

I write Literary Fiction, but mostly coming-of-age stuff. You could call it YA Contemporary too.

Because I read a lot of contemporary lit from the library due to the quarantine, I've been thinking that Christian themes is underrepresented in upmarket fiction. For that reason, I want to traditionally publish my current manuscript.

I'm hoping for a lot of engagement.

That's all for now! Thank you for having me here.

Edited by kiwigummy

Welcome to our writing family, kiwi. Glad you joined us. By the way, KM (Katie) Wieland is a former member here. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! 😃

Guest kiwigummy
19 hours ago, Ruth said:

Hi there, are you actually a Kiwi? 🙂 

Went to NZ once as a child on a family vacation. Nice memories.

I have cousins in NZ, but no, it's actually a shortened version of Kiwigummy, a Japanese gelatinous confection that I couldn't get enough of as a kid.

Guest kiwigummy

@AJCat29Oh right, Abby! What do you think of the contemporary market in realistic fiction? I think the market is flooded with the glorification of worldly values.