Pray for an audience for my Bible Study - Twelve Steps to a Spiritual Harvest

I just sent a proposal to my pastor for a Zoom-based Bible study that I would like to teach. I proposed a different study a year ago, but it went nowhere. That one was complex. After sitting in on a Zoom Bible study this fall, I have a better handle on how much material can be covered in 60-75 minutes of a highly interactive meeting. Even so, I don’t know if my ideas mesh with his teaching goals for the year. Pray that my proposal gets serious consideration.

Alternately, if three to eight people here at CW are interested, I would be happy to facilitate a Zoom Bible Study. I anticipate 12 weeks of 75 minute sessions.

The topic is spiritual growth. The schema is to use the Parable of the Four soils as a framework for finding obstacles to growth, assets that promote growth, and talk about different kinds of spiritual harvests. It will cover the three conversations in the Bible with Satan: Adam & Eve, Job, and Jesus being tempted in the desert. Other topics are : ways we can communicate with God, types of sacrifice, and what Ecclesiastes has to say about the path to peace.

The material arises from my research over the last three years of Job and Ecclesiastes. I published Job Rises: Thirteen Keys to a Resilient Life back in 2019. I am currently editing Peace, like Solomon Never Knew for hopeful publication by the end of 2021. I was a Sunday School teacher for over ten years but have never led a Zoom class. I am an American Baptist, but was raised Catholic, previously attended a Dutch Reformed Church, a Congregational Church and sent my kids to a private Pentecostal school. 

If any of you are interested in participating in such a Bible Study, chime in. The only cost is your time.

11 hours ago, paulchernoch said:

I just sent a proposal to my pastor for a Zoom-based Bible study that I would like to teach. I proposed a different study a year ago, but it went nowhere. That one was complex. After sitting in on a Zoom Bible study this fall, I have a better handle on how much material can be covered in 60-75 minutes of a highly interactive meeting. Even so, I don’t know if my ideas mesh with his teaching goals for the year. Pray that my proposal gets serious consideration.

Alternately, if three to eight people here at CW are interested, I would be happy to facilitate a Zoom Bible Study. I anticipate 12 weeks of 75 minute sessions.

The topic is spiritual growth. The schema is to use the Parable of the Four soils as a framework for finding obstacles to growth, assets that promote growth, and talk about different kinds of spiritual harvests. It will cover the three conversations in the Bible with Satan: Adam & Eve, Job, and Jesus being tempted in the desert. Other topics are : ways we can communicate with God, types of sacrifice, and what Ecclesiastes has to say about the path to peace.

The material arises from my research over the last three years of Job and Ecclesiastes. I published Job Rises: Thirteen Keys to a Resilient Life back in 2019. I am currently editing Peace, like Solomon Never Knew for hopeful publication by the end of 2021. I was a Sunday School teacher for over ten years but have never led a Zoom class. I am an American Baptist, but was raised Catholic, previously attended a Dutch Reformed Church, a Congregational Church and sent my kids to a private Pentecostal school. 

If any of you are interested in participating in such a Bible Study, chime in. The only cost is your time.

Dear Lord,

Be with Paul, give him wisdom.  Allow the right people to be brought in his path.  Allow everyone to turn their hearts to the word of God and the spirit.  Lord use this bible study for your glory!  We ask for your will to be done!

• Like 1