Hello, brothers and sisters in Christ,

I just wanted to ask for prayer. I've been feeling a bit discouraged in my writing lately, as I have been struggling with self-doubt.

Thank you all so very much.

• Like 2

May the Lord grant you confidence, competence and courage. And the rest of the alphabet.

Maybe you are missing some vital element and your heart is telling you that what you are writing needs something more, but you just don’t know what it is. Put it before the Lord. He is generous beyond belief.

I am editing my latest book. When I get discouraged, I reread parts of it. When I see some clever phrase or careful bit of research shine through, it reminds me that my efforts are not in vain, even if more polishing is needed.

Last night I got frustrated with what I was writing - a Bible Study Lesson Plan. It had good ideas but lacked a tight focus. When I got up in the morning, I decided to see if I could distill a single word from each lesson. I was able to see opportunities to cover important issues in several lessons that lacked oomph. My dissatisfaction helped me get there, but it was my prayer that kept me from giving up. I got the idea that since what I was studying was important enough for Jesus to say and have recorded, it was important enough for me to make a lesson about it. 

I hope and pray you can find the importance in what you are doing.

• Like 2

You're not alone! Many writers struggle with self-doubt. Remember - if God created you to write, then He can lead you to the right creative space so that your work shines for Him. I'll be praying. 🙏

Edited by PenName
  • Like 1

Ditto PenName. I don't know of a single writer that hasn't suffered attacks of discouragement. Keep on writing! Don't give up. It's your confidence that is wavering and the enemy is egging you on. Your writing will improve. And your confidence will grow. Keep telling yourself, "I am a writer!" Don't accept negative influence otherwise. Hangeth thou in there! 😉

Praying in agreement with zx1ninja and the others. ❤️

• Like 2
15 hours ago, Madyson Rylee said:

Hello, brothers and sisters in Christ,

I just wanted to ask for prayer. I've been feeling a bit discouraged in my writing lately, as I have been struggling with self-doubt.

Thank you all so very much.

Dear Lord be with Madyson.  Expose how the enemy is trying to deceive her.  Please allow your love, truth and strength to overcome any discouragement.  Lord this is your timing and not ours.  You give us strength when we need it and hope when it seems there is none.

Amen

• Like 2

Dear Heavenly Father,

I pray that Madyson will receive the wisdom of how to proceed through this conundrum. Know that for every doubt there are community members willing to give encouragement and clear up specific obstacles that hindering her from writing. I pray she will use her God-given gifts for your glory and be an uplifting writer for others. In Jesus's name, Amen.

(Let me know if you ever want to talk about writing!)

• Like 1