Instead of a Guessing Game #8...

...I present to you some riddles! It seemed like we had a bunch of fun with the riddle I posted the other day; so why not throw in some more?

(And no, @Sarah Daffy, no one may use Google or any other search engine. The thinking caps have been made for a reason. I will, however, tolerate asking other family members for help if you are very stuck.)

1). What gets more and more put in the more you take out? (I came up with this, but I have no idea if this is already a riddle or not.)

2). What has six legs, four eyes, two noses, and two pairs of ears? (I did not come up with this one or the other ones down below.)

3). A lot of little brothers live in a house. If you scratch their heads, they will die. What are they?

4). How many animals were brought into the Ark by Noses?

Bonus! (this isn't a riddle, but whatever): From the top of your memory, do you know who the two midwives were who saved the Hebrew boys when Pharoah ordered them all to be put to death?

Edited by Ky_GirlatHeart
Changed something.
  • Like 3
39 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

From the top of your memory, do you know who the two midwives were who saved the Hebrew boys when Pharoah ordered them all to be put to death?

I do! I'm not gonna give it away, but I memorized them after meeting someone named after the first mentioned midwife.

• Like 3

I think #3 is a box of matches. In this modern day of butane lighters, many people may not see matchboxes anymore, but i have many fond memories as a kid, shooting off fireworks on warm summer nights...

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

From the top of your memory, do you know who the two midwives were who saved the Hebrew boys when Pharoah ordered them all to be put to death?

I'm no good as riddles, but I think this was Puah and someone else. Shipah? Shua?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Ragamuffin_John said:

2) sounds like a wrecker/towing truck, a six-wheeler with all sorts of gizmos on it.   Either that or a toddler's lego invention.  

or maybe a mounted knight or mounted cavalryman... or The Lone Ranger, riding into the sunset...

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

@Wes B Close enough! It was a person on a horse. You'll still get credit though. (And you are spectacular at riddles!)

...as long as you don't ask, "What have I got in my pocket?" (It's a Tolkien joke...)

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

@Wes B Yeah, I'm clueless. 🤣

Reference to a riddle game, that happens in The Hobbit. Bilbo, who's the main character (and I guess the hobbit of the title...) is stranded deep in a dark cavern where he comes across nasty villain, Gollum. Gollum proposes a riddle game, and if Bilbo wins, Gollum shows him the way out. If Gollum wins, he gets to eat Bilbo. Not the best terms, but I guess if the alternative is to starve in the dark, it's better than nothing. I'll say no more, 'cuz you may someday wish to read the book. If you do, there are some wonderful riddles there, in addition to an absolutely classic story...

Edited by Wes B
  • Like 1