• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you dead?

You are forbidden to look up this riddle, or else I shall come in your sleep and tickle you with feathers. Not sure if I'd need to find a bird to do that or not...   Anyway! The riddle is, "

Do you like green eggs and ham? 😋   I love riddles...but I'm not any good at them.   Edit: I asked my husband, who is way smarter than I am. Interesting answer...and no, I won'

7 hours ago, Alley said:

😆 My thought when I read the first line was, "Nothing. Duh!" (With all the sarcasm of my teen.) Then... I never considered it could be an answer. 😆 

Maybe you are not as bad at riddles as you think

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Wes B said:

How do I pronounce the word spelled N-O ?

What don't you understand? The N or the I? 

Oh wait, that's what I tell my kids when they keep asking why they can't do whatever it was they were told no about. 😆 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Ragamuffin_John said:

“Nyet” sounds too close to “yes”.   Give those toddlers an inch...   I DO blame it on Russia.

This reminds me of a joke

An MIT linguistics professor was lecturing his class the other day. "In English," he said, "a double negative forms a positive. However, in some languages, such as Russian, a double negative remains a negative. But there isn't a single language, not one, in which a double positive can express a negative."

A voice from the back of the room piped up, "Yeah, right."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
24 minutes ago, Amosathar said:

This reminds me of a joke

An MIT linguistics professor was lecturing his class the other day. "In English," he said, "a double negative forms a positive. However, in some languages, such as Russian, a double negative remains a negative. But there isn't a single language, not one, in which a double positive can express a negative."

A voice from the back of the room piped up, "Yeah, right."

Good one, Amosathar!   I enjoy the ironies and humor of going back and forth between languages.   Well, here’s where one can deploy that sneaky device of English, the hyphen.   It has the illusive look of authority.   “That’s a no-no”.    

I guess I like noticing the odd, but it seems that starting with Rock-n-Roll, singers fill space with “no,no,no” when they are emphasizing a point.   Maybe that’s a more earthy version of “nah, nah, nah”.    

• Like 1
On 1/21/2021 at 8:32 PM, RockyMtn Gal said:

Holy smoke! You know what a cassette is?

You are a rare spectacle of nature my friend 😆

I listen to cassettes all the time!  So does my family, and we still use the VCR tapes.

• Like 1