Prayer Request for the United States of America.

I'm not making any political statements.  I'm asking for all of us to pray for the Spiritual healing of our Country.  Anyone who's been watching the News for the past year knows what an unbelievably horrible condition the United States is in.  With the Corona Virus, and the Political Violence, and threats to everyone's Constitutional Rights, we all need to pray to the Lord for His help and guidance.

I'm also planning to go on a Fast along with my prayers for our Country, this Wednesday, January 20th.  That is the day when our next President will be Inaugurated.  I'm not asking anyone to join me in fasting.  It's just a suggestion.

I pray to the Lord for the healing of our Country. 

In Jesus Name.  Amen.  

Edited by William D'Andrea
  • Like 6
1 hour ago, lynnmosher said:

I'm sure this is all according to Scripture for end times.

I've been reading a lot about us now living in the end times.  I find that to be deeply disturbing.  I've prayed to the Lord about it.  I've told Him that I don't want all those horrible things happening during my lifetime.  Especially not to anyone I know personally, or any of you who I only know on the internet.

While I am a committed, or "devout", Christian, I do sometimes find the Lord to be difficult to deal with.    

• Like 1

Yes, this has been on my prayer list. Sad to say, the End Times is coming so, SO close. It's not sad that Jesus will come soon, but it's sad to just think of what's been happening in general. How many suicide rates and death rates and domestic violence rates have gone up. How people are "doing what is right in their own eyes" according to the Bible. How some of us might fall away from the Word as it says it the Bible.

Never would we have thought that something as crazy as this would've hit us so early in life, but it has. Just a reminder that time is ticking before the trumpet blows..

Edited by Ky_GirlatHeart
Needed to add clarification.
  • Like 1

My wife and I are praying, as well. 

I hope you don't mind these repeated asides from the history nerd...

When Peter wrote telling his flock to honor the emperor, he was referring to the same Nero who would soon martyr him. Paul wrote in Romans that every authority has been established by God, and most scholars also date that letter to Nero's reign. I think this may help remind us that God still has it all under control, no matter how crazy things may seem to us. I think this is a time when we can really learn to trust God, if we're willing to try.

There are Christians all around the world who've suffered severely harsh persecutions, all throughout our lives. I might ask that we also pray for them, as they may soon be spending more time in prayer for us, as well...

• Like 3

Been reading the major and minor prophets the last few months.

All I can see are the parallels between then and the current state of the U.S.

But-

Even after God pronounced judgement on the 2 kingdoms, He kept promising to save and return the repentant remnent.

Our God is gracious.

• Like 2

One of my favorite stories is Jonah. At the beginning of chapter 4, he yells (I know, it says he prayed, but when you read what he prayed, he yelled!), “O Lord! Is not this what I said while I was still in my own country? That is why I fled to Tarshish at the beginning; for I knew that you are a gracious God and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love, and ready to relent from punishing. 3And now, O Lord, please take my life from me, for it is better for me to die than to live.”

At least, that's the way I hear it.

Can you imagine yelling, "for I knew that you are a gracious God and merciful, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love, and ready to relent from punishing."

• Like 1

Our country may have taken a disastrous turn today, but it does not change the work that we followers of Christ have been called to do! Do the work and fulfill your ministry!

"But as for you, be serious about everything, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry." (2 Tim. 4:5)

• Like 1

I have been praying for our nation. Several years ago, I reviewed the book, "If my people." it's a 40 day devotional that ideally is to be used for the 40 days prior to a national election. I try to use it whenever I feel led to.