Work Today

Guest Anon Reel

Genesis 3:19, 23

19. In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

23. Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

God levied a curse against man owing to rebellion, and we operate under it even today. The curse lifted only when God’s dear Son, our Lord and Master Jesus Christ returns.

It ought to be a constant reminder of sin; rebellion against Almighty God, which originated in the Garden of Eden so long ago.

I would hazard that at some point Satan and his battery–as they are wont to do -  whispered into man’s ear, insinuating that God was being unjust; a recurring event and man once again took a bite of the apple. The result: only 3% of the population in the United States alone engages in farming (tilling the ground) which is nearly a 180-degree shift primarily since the mid-1850s; the industrial revolution. Once more, 90% of the world’s population lives in cities.

The order of the day is consumerism and leisurely entertainment. One needs only to consider the U.S. advertising economy (239 billion in 2019) and that the average citizen watches over 5 hours of television a day.

Satan and company are pleased with themselves, surely.

However, God is ultimate. These items agree with His sovereign will, overall plan regarding the earth as we know it.

Guest Anon Reel

The principal aim is to reflect on how far removed we are from God's original intentions.

Edited by Anon Reel
Tone.
1 hour ago, Anon Reel said:

Satan and his battery–as they are wont to do -  whispered into man’s ear, insinuating that God was being unjust;

This is the lie that satan told Eve, that if she ate of the forbidden fruit, she would be like God. It is the same lie hard-coded into the sin we are all born with, that we can do whatever we like because we are like God and don't need him, we can be our own god over our life. 

The problem with lack of farmers, is that governments don't take care of those who do the farming. When their property gets into financial trouble, no comes to bail them out, they can no longer maintain the farm properly, bills rise and they are forced to sell the farm to avoid bankruptcy. There have been many long running farms that have run for generations and the new generations would of taken over, but for being bought out by some big corporation or run into the ground through lack of financial aid and bad environment and weather conditions.

Interesting fact: In Australia we have many sheep and cattle stations. 1 of these sheep stations is the 7 times bigger than the largest ranch in Texas at 23,677 km2 (9,142 sq mi; 5,851,000 acres)

• Like 1
Guest Anon Reel

Edited: my reply to Ky_GirlatHeart as I felt my tone was incorrect. I apologize.

Edited by Anon Reel
Spelling.
Guest Anon Reel

I do not believe that the mark of the beast is going to present literally as, "the mark of the beast." Scripture shows that it will be one without which no individual will buy or sell. Are we not supposed to think, even consider the modern term used, and the processes involved in bringing it to pass; let alone the individuals purposing it? We're involved in a gradual process of creating a state of world-wide dependency based upon one critical form of currency, which is digital and I find it intriguing.

Revelation 15:1 

And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God.

The number seven representing a perfect number of. I would associate Aids, Cancer, Multiple Sclerosis, Alzheimer's,  and even avarice with this prophecy. Am I in error doing this?

1 Peter 5:8

Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

Watch the fulfillment of God's will for this earth as we know it being purposed by many. Also, be aware of the schemes that are in motion.

Sir, I welcome all comments, censorious and accepting.

I do not direct this at anyone, but more of a general observation and concern. I believe there is a unhealthy habit that has developed in Christianity of picking out and quoting of single verses and ignoring all context whether that is in relation to the author, audience, cultural or spiritual context or a mixture of them. This can be very dangerous. I think a lot of people appear to be unaware of the fact that the books of the Bible didn't have chapters and verses originally. The context is usually tied to a paragraph, a few paragraphs or passage or even the entire book. In the Bible when we see Scripture quoted, it was done either in reference to a current situation which was linked, related, or tied to the old testament such as prophecy, or it was a passage that left the context intact. Unfortunately this kind of habit is what has led to a lot of false doctrines over the life of Christianity where people quote single verses from different places in Scripture, together in order to fit their narrative and context is stripped off and ignored or abandoned for an 'enlightened' way of thinking and people end up clinging to the 'wisdom' or foolishness of man over the wisdom and sovereignty of God.

Guest Anon Reel

I agree wholeheartedly.

My ultimate stance in 'Work Today' is that I associate the United Nations with Daniel 11:37 which speaks of a king who will magnify himself above all others. Yet, my association is not exclusive to the verse but to the whole of Scripture regarding this king. The verse serves only as a primer or starting point for the reader. The same principle applies to my association between  digital currency  and the words recorded in Revelation 13:16-17.

So, it is up to the reader as well to become familiar with the whole subject found at many places in the Scripture and how it relates to our reality, it's relevance. I would not have my literary work published on this site construed as exhaustive treatments on these matters. 

So, should one investigate the matter such as I have and not see the same associations, we are at liberty to disagree. The fact is that many do not do their own homework and research, study certain political agencies and what they are doing. They may know their Scripture but they do not know The Trilateral Commission, The Council on Foreign Relations and many others and see them correctly as formidable opposition to Christianity with all of their machinations.

It is healthy to be aware of all those who stand in faith's way, and they are not few.

Edited by Anon Reel
Clarity.