Prayer Request + Link for Something

First of all, I have a link here attached for y'all to watch. What you do with the info stated here is up entirely to you, but I'd suggest prayer first before taking action.

https://www.brighteon.com/0f1ab364-dc83-49c4-98c3-d0ae793467bb

Now, for the prayer request. I have a friend who has gone missing since yesterday. This is the second time; she did it before during the summer. I know that she didn't just get kidnapped or something along those lines; she definitely ran away. She's smart enough to, and a friend of hers has speculations about where she is; the cops are into this as well. Please pray that she'll return back to her home or be found by righteous authority members who will bring her back to her home safely.

I will update y'all if you want the updates Lord willing as well.

Sorry, but I find this video extremely troubling. Martial Law? Shadow government? Special Forces secretly stealing congressional laptops during the Capitol Building riot? FCC warnings to media outlets? Troops in place to arrest people? Buy food and ammo for 30 days?

It's completely unverifiable conspiracy nonsense.  I couldn't write a story this far fetched!

We really need to be better than this. I also find it very disappointing that this site is actually entertaining this type of over-the top fearmongering. Maybe it's time for me to move on.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Accord64 said:

I also find it very disappointing that this site is actually entertaining this type of over-the top fearmongering.

I didn't see it as fearmongering at all. I see it as a sister in Christ posting a video she found and thought would be helpful/informative to us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, HK1 said:

I didn't see it as fearmongering at all. I see it as a sister in Christ posting a video she found and thought would be helpful/informative to us.

It's utterly delusional! 

And that's all I have to say.

fishing.thumb.jpg.9e06e0aaf031317b64b4a1ca00745cc0.jpg

Edited by Accord64
  • Like 2

The spirit of the post was a prayer request. One thing we can all agree on is this country needs prayer right now. So let's stand together and pray for one another and for our country, regardless of our personal political beliefs.

Ky_GirlatHeart, I'm also praying for the health and safety of your friend who ran away. I hope they're returned home safely and are able to resolve the issues that caused them to leave in the first place.

• Like 4

@Accord64 I only posted the link because I wanted to warn others in case it does actually happen. If I offended you in any way, I apologize. But please don't let this be a stumbling block here. I only meant to share a video that I had concerns on, and in no way was I intending to upset anyone. I did not intend to cause any strife. Forgive me if I did upset you. That was not my intention whatsoever. Whether you choose to believe it or not is up to you, and whatever you choose is what you'll choose. I will not force you to believe what I believe, and I hope that you do not likewise to me.

God bless. 🙂

@Rebecca I asked the other friend of hers who heard from her yesterday before she ran away, but there's no updates yet. But I'll still be on the lookout.

And if I did offend anyone else with the link here, I share with you the same message that I gave Accord. Again, this was not to offend or upset anyone or cause any strife. I just wanted to share it just in case. But if you choose not to believe it, that's between you and God. If I choose to believe this, that's between me and God. No more, and no less.

• Like 4

@Ky_GirlatHeartI will pray for your friend and for the families involved.

As an outsider or someone who lives outside the US. @Accord64 is correct in that it is unverifiable anything that doesn't have 100% proof is not fact. However that doesn't negate the concern that there are people who believe this is going to happen, whether they are right or wrong, that in of itself can be detrimental by the way they act and the people who believe them, also act. In any situation, our first and foremost thought should be to trust God for our protection and that His will, will be done regardless of country or political affiliation. As believers we are aliens in this world, we are now refugees, this is not our home and whatever country we live in, we are already citizens of a higher kingdom. We may live in the world, but we must be careful how we interact with the world and not be part of it. We should strive first for the kingdom of God and his righteousness and engage all people with love and respect as we live out the Bible through our own lives and be the hands and feet of Jesus. 

Again as someone who doesn't live in the US, I have heard people on both sides of your political parties claim God supports their agendas, the truth is we must be careful in what we claim and not presume to speak on behalf of God. He has His own agenda and plan, it is eternal based and that is all that matters.

• Like 3
6 hours ago, Accord64 said:

We really need to be better than this. I also find it very disappointing that this site is actually entertaining this type of over-the top fearmongering. Maybe it's time for me to move on.

I am a bit concerned with this comment here. Are you trying to say Christianwriters.com shouldn't "entertain" this? Because unfortunately, that's the problem with censorship today. People disagree with something and just delete what they don't like. I'm grateful this link isn't deleted so that we can make our own decisions and I seriously LOVE the amount of love that is evident here because people do a great job at not judging others poorly, and can have kind conversations regarding disagreements.

Also, as someone who used to get concerned and frightened about videos like this for years, I appreciate everyone who can react to this in a kind Christ-like manner.

@Ky_GirlatHeart, I have an intelligent friend who is a very Godly woman and I respect her opinion and thoughts. She has been sharing things like this (not the videos, but the warnings) since the beginning of the lockdowns. "Stock up for __ days," "internet will be down for 10 days of darkness," etc. Some warnings, I was able to look up for myself, such as, "all truckers are going on strike, stock up!" A good trucker friend of ours says that actually is discussed every year around that time, but not everyone takes part.) I was concerned because due to our financial situation and lack of space to store a major amount of food, all l could do was prepare as much as possible, and trust God for the rest. After warning upon warning went by with nothing to be concerned about, I counted it all joy. It was a great lesson that we can trust God to provide, to be careful with what you believe, to allow God to use things like this to grow your faith in Him, to learn how to be prepared in case of an emergency (which, living near a volcano, is something my family should work anyway), and learn how to graciously respond to others when this situation comes up.

At any moment, danger can happen. Be prepared in whatever way God puts on your heart. 🙂

• Like 2

@Anon Reel posted this for another thread. I think it applies here.

Recently, while discussing the social unease that prevails, Maureen Dobbins {Christian Writers member} said it best, "we need more than ever to help one another." This simple statement is not so simple when one explores all the implications involved. 

Ultimately, let us remember who we are as Christian people over and above our differences of opinions. For me, when somebody challenges my views, it serves to make me rethink the subject in accord with Scripture. Being prone to err, this is helpful. Whether we agree is not so important as our standing as heirs, family by the grace of a merciful God. Let us rejoice in the Lord, Jesus Christ, always.

However, there is an irreducible minimum regarding Christianity: Jesus Christ as the only way to salvation, the Holy Trinity, the virgin birth, Jesus Christ's life on earth as God/Man, His sacrificial death, His atoning blood, and the ascension. With these truths there is no compromise. 

• Like 1

@carolinamtne Honestly, it's obvious to those who are her acquaintances but not to her mom. To go into a bit of backstory here, my friend is the second of eight kids. All of them are her half-siblings. (Three of them have the same dad, but I don't know about the others.) Her older half siblings stays at home in the daytime doing homeschool by herself and taking care of the youngest two because their mom is too scared to put them in a daycare. During the afternoon to night, my friend is the one taking care of all six of the younger kids (not all the time, but most days in the week she's doing that). That means six times the arguing, six times the number of times they won't listen, and six times the extra responsibility that her mom should be taking on and not a fifteen year old. She's been doing this since she was younger too, mind you. I don't know about her history with her real father, but I'm guessing it's not good.

And no one outside of a small group around them know this? Why hasn't Social Services or whatever is the appropriate agency stepped in? Are the police called when she runs away? Do they not contact someone?

I did a little internet search and found this: https://www.1800runaway.org/youth-teens/. Maybe they can help her? I know nothing about them except what it says on the website. 

Can she talk to a counselor at her school?

Edited by carolinamtne

It is not good, but not surprising. Not everyone, especially at that age, can handle that kind of responsibility. Being forced into a situation where you have to grow up faster than you should and feel you are being forced to become an adult sooner than you should, losing part of your childhood and normal growing experiences and then to be the one in authority is a big ask for most people. She would feel trapped between a rock and a hard place, not wanting to have that kind of responsibility, yet not wanting to let down her mother/parents or siblings. To be honest, who wouldn't want to escape that kind of situation if they felt like they were trapped and never had any time to think about their own feelings and ability to process everything that is happening to them.

@carolinamtne Yes, the cops were involved the second time she ran away. The first time I'm not sure; her mom had posted it on Facebook asking for people to let her know if the friend was seen (I'm calling her Michelle so I don't have to keep calling her "my friend"), and several of Michelle's friends reposted it on their Snapchat profiles. Next thing you know, one of my neighborhood friends screenshot it and sent it to me, asking if that was Michelle. I was stunned. I would've never thought she would've done such a thing, but it makes sense.

Honestly, I don't know anything about Social Services or anything like that getting involved. At any rate, I doubt that'll even happen.

As to the counselor, I don't know if she's done that or not. I don't know how comfortable she is sharing her life with someone outside of her circle (and I'm more of halfway in, halfway out of that circle), but who knows? Just a speculation.

But that website does seem helpful. I'll keep it in mind.

@Amosathar Honestly, yes. I don't know what's going on inside of Michelle, but she is, like you said, trapped between a rock and a hard place. It's sad that she's been made into a substitute mother a lot of times for her younger siblings who don't listen to her half of the time.