Checks and Balances

Guest Anon Reel

Recently, while discussing the social unease that prevails, Maureen Dobbins {Christian Writers member} said it best, "we need more than ever to help one another." This simple statement is not so simple when one explores all the implications involved. 

Ultimately, let us remember who we are as Christian people over and above our differences of opinions. For me, when somebody challenges my views, it serves to make me rethink the subject in accord with Scripture. Being prone to err, this is helpful. Whether we agree is not so important as our standing as heirs, family by the grace of a merciful God. Let us rejoice in the Lord, Jesus Christ, always.

However, there is an irreducible minimum regarding Christianity: Jesus Christ as the only way to salvation, the Holy Trinity, the virgin birth, Jesus Christ's life on earth as God/Man, His sacrificial death, His atoning blood, and the ascension. With these truths there is no compromise. 

Edited by Anon Reel
Clarification.

@Ky_GirlatHeart. Yes, that is what I had in mind. I've been stewing over this. I want to tell  you that I was upset about the posting. But after I calmed down and read your explanation, I knew I had to do something positive rather than rant and rave. 

Two words have been racing through my mind: reconciliation and accountability. I think both are desperately needed in this country, and we cannot have one without the other. Only time will tell if that will happen, but as Christians, it is our job to push them both.

Bless you, young lady. Keep the faith.

• Thanks 1