I have a couple here that I'm bringing here and asking for your prayers on this please.

The first one is for the family of one of our neighbors. The neighbor died back on, I believe, Dec. 30 in a hospital in another city about 30 or so minutes away, and it's really strange to think that she's dead. She never bothered anyone, was quiet but amiable in her own way, and had a gray cat with black stripes. It's just hard to wrap my mind around how I saw her last month with her daughter walking around our area picking up trash--and then she's just gone.. It's one of the few deaths that has gotten to me. Had to cry for a few minutes yesterday morning over her death. Please pray especially for her daughter Marilyn (I changed her name for privacy purposes); I just feel like God's impressing on my heart to pray for her specifically. Something about this situation screams out to me that Marilyn needs the prayers.

For some reason, she's the fourth neighbor I've known about who has died since 2020 (and it wasn't COVID-related).

The second one is for my family. Just ten or so minutes ago, we found out that my great-uncle passed away today. I won't get into the reason for his death, but it was rather sudden. He was known for having constant medical problems (and he drank and was gambling on the slot machines), and it's kind of frightening to think about where his soul is right now, especially if he wasn't saved. My grandmother said that he had been reading the Bible and that he said that God was speaking to him, but only God knows the truth about his soul. Please pray for us in this situation. Again, this is one of the few deaths that's gotten to me. Kind of hard to believe it.

But it's also a great reminder that we need to be constantly witnessing to others and keeping our testimonies pure for the sake of drawing others to Christ. We don't know how much time we have left on this earth to do that, and we most certainly don't know when others around us do either.

• Like 3
45 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

But it's also a great reminder that we need to be constantly witnessing to others and keeping our testimonies pure for the sake of drawing others to Christ. We don't know how much time we have left on this earth to do that, and we most certainly don't know when others around us do either.

Amen, KyG!

I'm sorry for the losses in your life. It's always difficult when the grief is compounded by more than one death. Will pray for Marilyn, your family, and you. May you all know the Lord's peace and comfort. ❤️

• Thanks 1

Praying for all of you. Losing any loved one is hard. And don't feel that you have to "get over it" in any specific amount of time. Grieving takes time, even years. It doesn't just go away after a week or two when everyone expects you to be back to normal. Allow yourself to not be yourself for a while.

• Thanks 1