Hi !!

WillametteSutta

Hi Everyone,

I just joined the forum, and I'm happy to see such a thriving community of Christian writers. I'm writing my first novel, high fantasy, which will probably take a long time. I recently lost my job as a librarian due to COVID layoff, but I'm grateful to God for giving me the push I need to fulfill my lifelong dream of writing.

Welcome to our writing family, Willamette. Glad you joined us. I'm so sorry you lost your job. Seek us out for any questions you have. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! 😃

Guest SouthTx

Howdy, Willamette! Glad you could join the community. I’m sorry about your job, but I’m glad you finally get to do what you’ve been dreaming of! How far are you into your novel?

Well, I thought I had finished the first book in a four-part series, but after a bunch of research, I learned that it won't work. The first book doesn't end the story (much like Fellowship of the Ring), and 77,000 word is too small for a high fantasy novel. Also, publishers are not likely to take a risk on a series for a new author. So I thought the best thing to do is actually finish the whole story and go from there. It may be short enough for one novel, or can be broken up as a trilogy or duology. So, I'm about a quarter of the way through. 🙂

Guest SouthTx
1 hour ago, WillametteSutta said:

Well, I thought I had finished the first book in a four-part series, but after a bunch of research, I learned that it won't work. The first book doesn't end the story (much like Fellowship of the Ring), and 77,000 word is too small for a high fantasy novel. Also, publishers are not likely to take a risk on a series for a new author. So I thought the best thing to do is actually finish the whole story and go from there. It may be short enough for one novel, or can be broken up as a trilogy or duology. So, I'm about a quarter of the way through. 🙂

Well it’s good you have a plan! I’m also working on the first book I plan to publish and hope to make it part of a series. But I’m trying to set up the ending so a second book isn’t absolutely necessary if the first doesn’t take off very well. 

Archived