Hello everyone!

Kazaza

I'm a newbie here and I'm excited to be a part of this community. I'm, of course, a writer, and aspiring to have a book published some day (hopefully soon)! 

I'm glad to have found this site - Happy 2021!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Claire Tucker said:

Hi Kazaza! Welcome aboard! 🙂What do you enjoy writing? 

General and Romance fiction for young adults. Really not sure if 'general' is the right genre but my writing doesn't seem to fit into the other categories. What about you? What do you enjoy writing?

11 hours ago, Amosathar said:

Happy New Year to you also, Glad that you have joined the community. I too am aspiring writer working on my first book, I have benefited a lot from this wonderful, caring, exceptional community.

Great to know. How's your novel coming along? And, what genre does it fit into? I wrote my first novel some years back and am still editing it. I'm on my second novel now.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Howdy! Glad that you're here! I'm also considering publishing my first book this year as well! 😄

Oh, good. What genre do you write? And, do you know if you want to go the traditional or self-publishing route?

Edited by Kazaza

@Kazaza I was thinking more of the lines of Christian fiction for t(w)eens and, potentially, young adults in the future Lord willing. I have no idea which route I want to take! I found a Christian publishing site online and have considered it, but we'll see. 😄

What do you write/what are you working on now?

34 minutes ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

@Kazaza I was thinking more of the lines of Christian fiction for t(w)eens and, potentially, young adults in the future Lord willing. I have no idea which route I want to take! I found a Christian publishing site online and have considered it, but we'll see. 😄

What do you write/what are you working on now?

Oh, nice. So, have you started/finished writing your tween book? Okay, so similar to me on the publishing front. 

I write for young adults and am working on my second novel and editing my first... I'm not sure if they're considered general fiction, coming of age - it's a little confusing - but there's an element of romance in there. 😁🤷‍♀️

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Welcome to our writing family, Kazaza. Glad you joined us. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! 😃

Thanks, Lynn! Yes, I'll take my time roaming... Blessings on your writing too. 🙂

Edited: Just to say it might have seemed obvious, haha, but I just learnt I can like posts. 😅

Edited by Kazaza

2 hours ago, Kazaza said:

Great to know. How's your novel coming along? And, what genre does it fit into? I wrote my first novel some years back and am still editing it. I'm on my second novel now.

I'm not sure exactly what genre my book fits under, maybe drama/with elements of romance. I originally thought suspense/action but don't think it is fast paced enough for either of those genres. It has a supernatural theme that deals with spiritual warfare and how that interacts with people's lives.

1 hour ago, Amosathar said:

I'm not sure exactly what genre my book fits under, maybe drama/with elements of romance. I originally thought suspense/action but don't think it is fast paced enough for either of those genres. It has a supernatural theme that deals with spiritual warfare and how that interacts with people's lives.

Okay. Sounds pretty cool. How's writing it coming along?

1 hour ago, Kazaza said:

Okay. Sounds pretty cool. How's writing it coming along?

Well I started it several years ago and took a long break, then just last year started rewriting it. I have only written 5 chapters so far, so it is slow going.

17 minutes ago, Amosathar said:

Well I started it several years ago and took a long break, then just last year started rewriting it. I have only written 5 chapters so far, so it is slow going.

Okay. That pretty much sounds like me with my second. The good thing is you came back to it and still believe it's worth continuing, even if slowly. Happy writing! 🙂

3 hours ago, Amosathar said:

Well the story has taken a slightly different direction which is better and message that it conveys will be better

Oh, okay. The break from writing it was a good one then... at the very least it showed you how to improve on what you thought you had. 👍

Well the original chapters I had written were very 'churchy' and unrealistic for a normal fiction book. Although the new chapters still contain Christian views, ideas and sentiments, it is in a more natural and realistic way.