Offer to Review Anyone's Writings.

I have a book-in-progress that I am thinking of entering into a writing competition that I'd really like feedback for. It's a speculative fiction work (meaning it is set in another "world") that I am working on actively, I really just want someone to read some of it and give me feedback. It's no work of theology and I've actually been working on ways to incorporate God into the storyline, since it is fiction after all. I know this site has a critique board, but I haven't posted enough to access it yet. Would anyone be willing to?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Romans said:

I know this site has a critique board, but I haven't posted enough to access it yet. Would anyone be willing to?

Maybe you should try posting it on another writers website, like fanstory.com, where I am a member.   There you can post one chapter at a time. 

Each chapter you post on that website, would receive at least 2 replies, but you would not be required to reply to any other member's writing, before posting any of your own.  Just click onto https://fanstory.com and check it out for yourself.

Edited by William D'Andrea
7 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

Maybe you should try posting it on another writers website, like fanstory.com, where I am a member.   There you can post one chapter at a time. 

I will look into that too! Thank you for the suggestion.

On 2/16/2021 at 11:19 PM, Dobbin said:

Send me your snail mail address by PM and I can make it magically appear on your doorstep.

I just received the copy of your book, in a bubble wrapped package outside my door.  It's a very large book and looks like it will probably take me a considerable amount of time to get through it all.  I will be sending on-line comments as I go along.  Where would you want me to send them?

Thank you.

Amazon never disappoints.

My email address is dobsley@gmail.com We can correspond via email or,

I guess right here on the Christianwriters.com private message section. It's your choice.

Would you like an electronic version like the MSWord .docx file or the Kindle version also? 

I don't presume to ask for a detailed critique

Thank you for giving my book the time of day.

I just hope that you thoroughly enjoy the read.

Have I gushed with extreme gratitude yet?

Regards,

Dobbin Burkhart

20 hours ago, Dobbin said:

Would you like an electronic version like the MSWord .docx file or the Kindle version also? 

Regards,

Dobbin Burkhart

I probably will ask to see an electronic version, but not right away.   As of right now, I'll stay with the actual book that was delivered yesterday.

Now I'm the one asking.   Would like to read and review a novel of mine?  It's a Mystery & Crime Fiction Thriller, titled "A Gatored Community", containing a strong Christian emphasis on repentance and forgiveness. 

The plot concerns an attempted robbery at an oyster farm, where cultured pearls are produced.  The book consists of 53,000 words, divided into 26 chapters, on 174 pages. 

https//fanstory.com/ displaystory.jsp?hd=1&id=772667  There you can leave any comments you'd like.

Thank you.

I am very willing to look at your book. Unfortunately the link in the last message didn't give me access to it. I went to fanstory.com, signed up and browsed every title I could looking for "A Gatored Community" cute title BTW, then I searched for William D'Andrea in the author list. Nothing worked though. Let's try another way.

3 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

What pen name are you using on fanstory.com? 

I am Dobbin Burkhart.  I don't have any content to look at, I only saw only a single chapter titled "Shellfish Shoals" How can I see next? When I selected the next item it presented a piece of poetry.

8 hours ago, Dobbin said:

I don't have any content to look at, I only saw only a single chapter titled "Shellfish Shoals" How can I see next? 

Go back to chapter 1 titled "Shellfish Shoals."  Then scan to the top of the page.  There you will find a single line stating:

"Mystery and Crime Fiction posted September 8, 2015Chapters:-1- 2..."

Then click on "2", and it will go to Chapter 2.  It's that way on every chapter.

Also, if you'd like to see other reviews of the chapters, just scan down to the bottom of the page.  There you will see the words, "view ratings".  Click there and you will see the reviews.

I hope this is helpful for you.   

• Like 1