Offer to Review Anyone's Writings.

Like too many people these days, I'm spending most of my days stuck in the house alone, bored and frustrated, looking for something constructive to do.  Now I have an idea.  Has anyone posted any writings here on christianwriters.com, or any other writers websites, that he or she would like me to read and review?  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I know WanderingTiger was looking for some people to read her devotional book Catnip for the Soul and give her advice on anything she might've missed as well as if the order of her chapters is okay and a couple of other things. I believe lynnmosher and suspensewriter said they'd do it but it would give them a little while, and since you have some free time on your hands, you might end up giving her a faster critique. You could check that out if you'd like. 🙂

The link to it is here:

1 hour ago, William D'Andrea said:

Like too many people these days, I'm spending most of my days stuck in the house alone, bored and frustrated, looking for something constructive to do.  Now I have an idea.  Has anyone posted any writings here on christianwriters.com, or any other writers websites, that he or she would like me to read and review?  

Thanks for the offer! Are you thinking along the lines of constructive criticism/feedback, or an actual review that you could post on a site like Goodreads or Amazon? I’d be particularly interested in the latter, at the moment, and would be happy to send you book files in the format of your choice.

3 minutes ago, Zee said:

Thanks for the offer! Are you thinking along the lines of constructive criticism/feedback, or an actual review...? 

I'm really not sure which ones I'd choose.  I might do them all.  Since you'd prefer a review, I'd like to give it a shot.  I'm not sure what you mean by the format of my choice; so send me the one you prefer.  If I have any problems with it, I'll let you know.

Thank you.

35 minutes ago, William D'Andrea said:

I'm really not sure which ones I'd choose.  I might do them all.  Since you'd prefer a review, I'd like to give it a shot.  I'm not sure what you mean by the format of my choice; so send me the one you prefer.  If I have any problems with it, I'll let you know.

Thank you.

Sound good! Please PM me your email, then.

2 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

I know WanderingTiger was looking for some people to read her devotional book Catnip for the Soul and give her advice on anything she might've missed as well as if the order of her chapters is okay and a couple of other things. I believe lynnmosher and suspensewriter said they'd do it but it would give them a little while, and since you have some free time on your hands, you might end up giving her a faster critique. You could check that out if you'd like. 🙂

The link to it is here:

Yes, if you're interested, let me know. I'd appreciate the help 🙂 

Thank you for sending me the epub file.  The problem is that when I've tried to click on, I was unable to do so.   I instead received the following message:

"This app does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.  Please install an app, or if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Setting page."

I have no idea how to do that.

Thank you.

Hello! I'd be extremely grateful for any help i can get!! But be prepared--I've not had anything published, an hardly anything professionally edited.

I'm about 2/3 done with the book I'm currently writing. how much would you be willing to edit/critique?

Thanks!

Just post a link to your book, and I'll see what I can do for you.

1 hour ago, Samantha said:

Hello! I'd be extremely grateful for any help i can get!! But be prepared--I've not had anything published, an hardly anything professionally edited.

I'm about 2/3 done with the book I'm currently writing. how much would you be willing to edit/critique?

Thanks!

Just post a link to the book you're currently writing, and I see what I can do.

38 minutes ago, Samantha said:

great! Well, i'll message you the first chapter and see how it goes! Very generous offer, WD--thanks!

Thank you for the post.  I'll be reading it this afternoon.  Since I haven't read it yet, I'm not sure when I'll be posting a review.  That will most probably be sometime tomorrow.

Thank you again.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

Blessings to you all. I am working on a book I titled: "The Call To An Intimate Fellowship With God." I have finished the first draft (self-editing). I will be delighted if I could find anyone who would like to read through and probably give me a feedback. I want to know what you think about this work?. Anyone who could help could.... Below is a brief synopsis of the book:

The Call To An Intimate Fellowship With God is a wake-up call to every Believer to deepen their fellowship with God again. It reveals to every humble and trusting sinner the forgiving and saving grace of God in the Finished Work of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, on the Cross of Calvary.

It is a veritable tool to guide and aid every Believer with existing fellowship and intimacy with the Lord into a more profound experience.

It is sure to richly transform every Believer's life with the fullness of joy and divine blessing, overflowing from a reliable, robust, sound, and sweet fellowship with the Lord.

In it you will find examples of men who responded to God’s call__ the steps they took and the blessings that accrues to them because of their response to follow the Lord all the way. Salient lessons from their walk with God are for our learning. Let us imitate those who through faith has obtain the promise.

21 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

Better to use PM for email addresses. 😉

Thank you Lynn.   I tried to contact him through browser, but I received this automatic reply:    

"There are no results for xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

Check your spelling or try different keywords"

I then tried to send him an e-mail, but I haven't received any confirmation that the message went through.

When it comes to me using the internet, I'm really not all that sure about what it what.  It's like I'm wandering through the wilderness.

1 hour ago, lynnmosher said:

I'm sure he's in a different time zone.

I was finally able to send him an e-mail message, and had it confirmed.

He hasn't replied yet.  That's okay.  Like I said, I'm stuck in the house, bored and frustrated, looking for something constructive to do.  So I'm in no rush.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a mostly completed book that is already up on Amazon, both in print and Kindle form. I have it priced as low as Amazon will allow as part of my effort to get it into the hands of people who will read it and tell me what they think. 

I can make it magically appear at anyone's doorstep and have done so around 50 times. 

The title is "The Harmony of the Nativities: A Love Story" you can check it out and even read a sample there to see if you're interested.

It is yet another fictionalized retelling of the Nativity account. There are dozens of similar titles on Amazon but I assure you the book is unique for Bible faithfulness, completeness, and for revealing rarely noticed subtexts in the account. Also most were surprised at what a page turner it is. It is remarkable to me that the 3.5 Bible chapters naturally expanded into a 31 chapter book with a lot of supplemental material. The cheapest way for me to put it in your hands would be to give you the Kindle version, but as I said, I've given almost 50 people print copies. 

4 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

Okay.  I'll give it a look and let you know what I think.

Hello again Dobbin.  I've begun reading the portions of The Harmony of the Nativities, that are posted on Amazon Books, as you've suggested.  I assume your real name is Robert A. Burkhart.

I can see that you are a fully knowledgeable theologian; which I am not.  I have a layman's understanding of Christian Theology.   

So far I've read the Introduction and chapter 1 titled Zacharias.   After that they've posted what seem to be all the appendixes, which is very lengthy.  It will probably take me a considerable amount of time to read through them all.  Maybe I should do as you suggested and order a copy of the whole book, so that I can read the entire work before I make any comments. 

Thank you. 

• Thanks 1

No...thankyou!

Yes, Dobbin is a nickname for Robert. I'm not all that knowledgeable. I just hated that all the other fictionalized treatments I had seen of the Nativity account always fell far short of Biblical accuracy. I resolved to write something accurate and that effort took on a life of its own. I guess I'm really knowledgeable now about the nativity but not much else.

Of all the people who said they read the book, there were only a few that gave me their two cents afterward. I'm beginning to be afraid that folks are all adhering to the policy: "If you can't say anything nice, then say nothing at all."

It's an important work, I think. But it's somewhat hampered by the mixed genre. Is it fiction or nonfiction? I think of it as a 400 page parable that conveys many important truths. The foremost message that comes out of the book is that the Bible's Nativity account is entirely factual.

Most were surprised to find that they enjoyed reading it. So far nobody wanted to leave a review though.

Send me your snail mail address by PM and I can make it magically appear on your doorstep.

Thanks again,

Dobbin Burkhart

Edited by Dobbin
  • Like 1