submitting work - paragraph page-breaks

Hi Tom - It should preserve the extra line between paragraphs if it's formatted that way in another program. I just tried pasting from Word and it kept the extra line as expected.

Can you please confirm if the content you're pasting includes an extra line between paragraphs?

17 hours ago, Rebecca said:

Can you please confirm if the content you're pasting includes an extra line between paragraphs?

Bingo @Rebecca!  Word was set up to have extra space after the paragraph instead of an extra line. Do most people  usually not have that extra space, but have that extra line? I thought I was just using the Word default.

4 hours ago, Tom Laurie said:

Do most people  usually not have that extra space, but have that extra line?

An extra line between paragraphs is pretty standard for writing posted online. It breaks things up and makes them easier to read rather than just being a "wall of text." 🙂

• 1 month later...
On 12/11/2020 at 1:17 PM, Tom Laurie said:

I've searched and there seems to be no way to set Word up to add an extra line between paragraphs. I can't believe all the writers actual do that?

Kiwi's Super Secret Way to add extra lines in Word:

Step 1: CTRL + H

Step 2: Replace ^p with ^p^p

Step 3: CTRL + A

Step 4: CTRL + C

Step 5: CTRL + V into the CW forum.