At Thanksgiving, I thank you

Near the beginning of this year, I asked in the Forum for tips in how to clarify my thoughts and outline the book I was researching. Several of you made suggestions which really helped. Clarity at the start of a work carries through to the end.

Others of you “heart” my posts, which is encouraging. 

Today may be Black Friday, but the Christmas decorations are starting to appear in our house and I look forward to remembering our Lord’s birth even as I await his return. 

I set for myself a personal goal of finishing a first draft of Peace, like Solomon never Knew by Thanksgiving. Praise God - I almost made it! I just finished penning the next to last chapter. I am thankful for that, but even more thankful for the many truths I discovered in the Bible that I overlooked before. Verses that have perplexed me for over thirty years now make sense. The deep desire to write on this particular  topic that I have carried in my heart for the last six years or more is now being satisfied. The confusion and conviction I once had that the topic was beyond my ability not only to explain well but merely understand at all is fading. It never really was up to me; God gives us the words in His time should it please Him to do so, and nothing can disqualify you should He speak.

So thank you, friends. I pray you all remain healthy despite whatever traveling you undertook this holiday. May you each experience grace and confidence in your own writing. God is so generous. No good thing does he withhold from those He loves.

• Like 4