Place Music Request Here

It's almost time for my annual 25 days of Christmas music count down. Every year I have gotten requests. Sometimes on the list, and sometimes not. This year, I thought I'd let everyone make their requests before I started the count down. You can tell me what you'd like, give me a link, or place it on here. But fair warning, I will not be placing santa baby on there! I sooooooooooooooooooooo dislike that song! 

There's a wonderful gem that sits hidden in plain sight...

The traditional carol, "Hark, The Herald Angels Sing," has absolutely everything in Christmas music, but we often obscure it, by playing only a fraction of its content.

If you listen closely to all 4 or 5 verses of the Wesley or Whitefield versions of the song, you hear not only a song about Christ's nativity in a remarkably joyous and praiseful expression, but a condensed but complete gospel message, which we rarely find in a Christmas song. This is a little curious, as the gospel message is the whole reason Christmas is joyful in the first place, yes?

Anyway, once i realized that this song had it all, it instantly became my runaway, totally, completely favorite Christmas song, and I can't help but burst into tears in that super special moment when we sing it in our church service. Sadly, i may not be in a live service to sing it this year, but it still moves me deeply, whenever I hear it...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Alley said:

I will not be placing santa baby on there! I sooooooooooooooooooooo dislike that song! 

I agree with you on this one too.

I will request anything from Trans-Siberian Orchestra, but What Child Is This, Christmas Eve / Sarajevo, or a Mad Russian's Christmas are my favorites!

• Like 1

This is the one of my favorites. I think the people who wrote the song usually have the best version because they know the real intent behind the song

I also really enjoyed this instrumental mix of Christmas songs

Here's a different kind of Christmas song - Quiet Christmas by Fred McNaughton

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Wes B said:

Anyway, once i realized that this song had it all, it instantly became my runaway, totally, completely favorite Christmas song, and I can't help but burst into tears in that super special moment when we sing it in our church service. Sadly, i may not be in a live service to sing it this year, but it still moves me deeply, whenever I hear it...

Beautiful, Wes! It's difficult to sing and blubber at the same time, isn't it? I'm like that with Rock of Ages. I can still hear my grandmother's off-key voice singing it.

Silent Night many times brings tears as well. And love Mary, Did You Know?

• Like 2