Hilarious Spam Email

I received probably the most hilarious spam email I've never opened. It's (allegedly) from Amazon, and the title reads:

You got (1) package pending for delivery - Use your code to track and receive it on 6/1/1990.

Wow!! That must be one special code. I can get this package delivered 30 years ago! 🤣

• Haha 11

I think the funniest spam emails are the ones that look like they came from yourself... do they really think I'm that stupid?

Anyway viewing the message headers on emails even if the address is spoofed should reveal the real address it came from 99% of the time because they can't hide the mail server that sent it

On 11/25/2020 at 11:31 PM, Accord64 said:

I received probably the most hilarious spam email I've never opened. It's (allegedly) from Amazon, and the title reads:

You got (1) package pending for delivery - Use your code to track and receive it on 6/1/1990.

Wow!! That must be one special code. I can get this package delivered 30 years ago! 🤣

Just before I was born!

I guess that means right now I shouldn't be existing yet. 😯🤫😆

• Haha 1

LOL Here's one even weirder that I got this morning.

The subject line: Looking advancing to sightedness you! 88857689759476698

🎁💯💲9318.84✔️“Withal, if we arabesque fructify

Of course, I mentation my kinship with John actually was utter this clock time - until he messaged leash months by and by and asked me verboten contrariwise.Flavor probationary and wary of John’s motivations, I decided non compos mentis to enounce yes-man right away and kinda enquire wherefore he treasured to see to it me abaft cheerio.Subscriber, he ghosted me

LOL Uh, say what??? 🤣

• Haha 4
47 minutes ago, lynnmosher said:

The subject line: Looking advancing to sightedness you! 88857689759476698

🎁💯💲9318.84✔️“Withal, if we arabesque fructify

Of course, I mentation my kinship with John actually was utter this clock time - until he messaged leash months by and by and asked me verboten contrariwise.Flavor probationary and wary of John’s motivations, I decided non compos mentis to enounce yes-man right away and kinda enquire wherefore he treasured to see to it me abaft cheerio.Subscriber, he ghosted me

Not even Google translate is that bad. 🤣

15 minutes ago, Sarah Daffy said:

Was Amazon even around in 1990?

Nope, they were founded in 1994. But as they apparently broke the space/time continuum, they don't need to be around in 1990 to deliver packages. 😉   

• Like 1
7 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

if we arabesque fructify

From Merriam-Webster online

arabesque

noun

ar·a·besque | \ ˌa-rə-ˈbesk  , ˌer-ə \

Definition of arabesque

(Entry 1 of 2)

1: an ornament or style that employs flower, foliage, or fruit and sometimes animal and figural outlines to produce an intricate pattern of interlaced lines

2: a posture (as in ballet) in which the body is bent forward from the hip on one leg with one arm extended forward and the other arm and leg backward

3: an elaborate or intricate pattern … richly pierced by an arabesque of wormholes.— John Chasean arabesque of vines and leaves

fructify

verb

fruc·ti·fy | \ ˈfrək-tə-ˌfī  , ˈfru̇k- \

fructified; fructifying

Definition of fructify

intransitive verb

: to bear fruit its seeds shall fructify— Amy Lowellno partnership can fructify without candor on both sides— D. M. Ogilvy

transitive verb

: to make fruitful or productive

(I know "if" and "we." The rest looks like random words pulled out of the dictionary by a not-well-trained monkey.)

So perhaps in the original language, it was expressing, "If we make something useful/meaningful out of the thing that was complex/intricate." The original language had specific words for the two concepts, and the translation selected some sloppy, rough, and rarely used English synonyms.

I don't have exact samples available, but I remember reading amusing examples from very old language translation software projects, maybe 20-30 years ago. Our language is startlingly rich in metaphor, and they were particularly hilarious when they bumped into them. (I remember "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak," translating to something like, the vodka is available, but the meat is rotten.)

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, William D'Andrea said:

Maybe you should look in your closets or storage areas, where you've got old boxes in which many things have been stored and forgotten, for years.  Who knows what you may discover?

My manuscripts about the rise of the internet, 9-11, and the COVID-19 pandemic never turned up back then, or I would've been a best-selling prophet by now. 😄