23 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

They're wonderful songs for Thanksgiving.

If things this year were normal, I'd be going to visit my sister for Thanksgiving next week.  Then, what I usually do, when she calls everyone into the dining room for Dinner, as they're taking their seats, I sing the first verse of "Come ye Thankful People Come".  I've been doing that for about ten years now, and so far, I haven't received any complaints.

While I and probably too many of you, will be having turkey with all the trimmings alone, I still wish Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

• Like 1

I know that the day has turned into a feasting day, with lots of turkey, dressing, potatoes, etc., and numerous pies, but at this time in our world, we really need to stop and take some time to give thanks. That would definitely be harder for some folks than for others, but an attitude of gratitude would be good.

• Like 1

The Lord is truly blessing me throughout this crisis.  Due to the coronavirus crisis, I won't be able to celebrate Thanksgiving as usual, with my sister in her house, with the entire family.  I've accepted the fact that I'd be eating the dinner alone in my apartment, while sending her a holiday greeting e-mail.    

Today I got some good news about Thanksgiving.  I live in an apartment in a Senior Citizen complex on Long Island.  This morning, a lady who lives in a different building in the complex, offered to cook a Thanksgiving Dinner for me, and bring it over to my apartment on Thanksgiving afternoon.  I accepted her gracious offer.   If there were no restrictions, and I wasn't visiting my sister, she would have invited me to dinner with her husband, in their apartment.

Back on August 3rd, I'd met her in the morning and told her it was my birthday.  Late that afternoon, her husband came to my door, and told me that she'd cooked a birthday dinner for me.  About ten minutes later, he and she arrived with a container of chicken strips and mashed potatoes, along with a small cake with a candle.

They sang "Happy Birthday to You" and I blew out the single candle.  I'm glad it was only one candle, instead of 75.

"Take a reeeeally deep breath, Mr. Bill!" 

I truly thank the Lord for all the gracious blessings I've received from her, and others, throughout this coronavirus time.  In Jesus Name.  Amen.  

My daughter got my turkey ready to cook. Just the right size for one. 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This morning I was at the local Stop & Shop Supermarket.  I saw that they're selling prepackaged Banquet Turkey Meals, containing "Turkey with Gravy and Dressing, Creamy Mashed Potatoes and Sweet Peas, for $1.29".  It can be fully cooked in a microwave oven in from 5&1/2 to 6 minutes.

A good thing to keep in mind. 

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

• Like 1