Five Reasons Why Christian Publishers Have Lost Male Readers (Part 2)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I suspect you've mistakenly located The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Amish Community...   Now THERE'S a title that might bring both the guys and the ladies in...🤣

I agree and it is for these reasons I started to write again. To plug that gap. It is not gender specific either. Mena nd women may have some unique challenges but being a Christian is hard in this mo

So, I guess it's time for us to write Amish romance novels.   

Posted Images

On 11/24/2020 at 8:20 PM, suspensewriter said:

That's what I'm talking about, Jeff.  We've got to reach out to whatever the male readers are going to or we'll lose them.  If their going to virtual reality or video games--have you ever seen a Christian writing them?  Seriously.  We've got to wake up and write for what sells, or we'll lose an entire generation.

How does one get involved in writing for these other media? A book can be written by a single individual with no budget but movies and video games would require becoming a part of a professional team.

42 minutes ago, Entoman said:

How does one get involved in writing for these other media? A book can be written by a single individual with no budget but movies and video games would require becoming a part of a professional team.

I wrote a screenplay based on my first book. The writing part you can do yourself, just like a book. But there are a whole lot of steps between that and a movie being made. Pureflix will actually accept unsolicited manuscripts, but pretty much anywhere else you have to have an agent, and that is tough to do. 

Writing a screenplay can be fun but it is really a different animal with very specific formatting and very set expectations for plot points. 

It wouldn't be that difficult, @Entoman.  All you've got to do, as in any endeavor, is start on the ground floor.  Make some contacts, write some trial scripts and show them around.  You may not get any immediate answers, but you'll start the process, and that experience will be invaluable.  Reach out to start-ups is another thing.  I'm sure you'll find you way.