Help and mentoring

In the process of becoming more earnest in the attempt of following my dreams and writing a work of fiction that other people would actually want to read... I would be interested to see if anyone would be willing to be a sounding board and help me by being available via messages rather than posting a forum topic to discuss my ideas and give feedback on my writing in regards to my current project in order to help me write something that doesn't completely suck.  I feel my lack of reading, inexperience and lack of education in this area is causing me some issues. I'm not trying to produce the perfect first draft or anything, but I am finding that I am running into some obstacles and I don't really have anyone in my social circles who I can talk to about such things.