Jump to content

New here! And would love to meet you!


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, BattleTheStorm said:

Boston? One of my settings too! I've never read that time era in Boston before.

Looking forward to hearing more about it!

 

Wow! We have a lot of similarities with our books! :) (well, about half of the book or more occurs in Boston, while the other part occurs in Vermont 😉)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya! It's nice to meet you! I'm glad that you and Sarah have been acquainted very well. :D

I don't write in a similar style, but maybe I could explore into those categories someday Lord willing! I currently am working on a Christian fiction story for teenage girls, and my goal is to work on some more Christian fiction stories in the future Lord willing.

I'd love to read some of your writings!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes it is quite a few places. My imagination sometimes likes to freshen things up a bit up sometimes. 😅

 

Christian fiction for girls, Oh nice! May I ask is you're writing for teen girls? 

 

I'd love that! Right now my WIP's aren't ready to be read, but I can let you know when they are if you'd like.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to our writing family, BTS. (Your new nickname ;) ) Glad you joined us. Be sure to check with us when you are about to publish. Lots of scammers out there. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! ❤️

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi! It is a pleasure to meet you! Stories that involve seafaring have always been a big favorite of mine. I am currently in the process of building a fantasy world I will base my novel series out of and there will be a lots and lots of sailing in it. 😂 I definitely look forward to reading your work when they are ready.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lynnmosher said:

Welcome to our writing family, BTS. (Your new nickname ;) ) Glad you joined us. Be sure to check with us when you are about to publish. Lots of scammers out there. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! ❤️

 

Thank-you very much lynnmosher!

 

Publish? Do you mean posting a wip on this site or publishing my book?

 

I am curious about how posting works here.Does one put their creations in a post for others to read? Or do they create a post asking for critique partners/beta readers?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Claire Tucker said:

Welcome, BTS! It's great to meet you :)

 

I'm busy working on a fantasy story for NaNoWriMo ... Still haven't worked out an elevator pitch for it, so I'm afraid that trying to say more will end with a very loooooong post 😂

 

Nice to meet you too Claire!

Cool to see that you also like to write fantasy!

Love to see your elevator pitch when you do create it!

Still havn't nailed down mine either. Loglines are always a challenge for me! 😄

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Storysmith said:

Hi! It is a pleasure to meet you! Stories that involve seafaring have always been a big favorite of mine. I am currently in the process of building a fantasy world I will base my novel series out of and there will be a lots and lots of sailing in it. 😂 I definitely look forward to reading your work when they are ready.

 

 

Nice to meet you too Storysmith!

Neat! I always like to have at least some form of fantasy in my stories.

I'm intregued.The "lot's of sailing" part hooked me. Love to hear more about it!

 

Thank you! Your story sounds like a book I would love to read as well!

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, BattleTheStorm said:

 

Publish? Do you mean posting a wip on this site or publishing my book?

 

When you are ready to publish your book, be sure you check with us here on the site so we can help you. There are lots of spammers out there just waiting to take your money.

 

 

25 minutes ago, BattleTheStorm said:

I am curious about how posting works here.Does one put their creations in a post for others to read? Or do they create a post asking for critique partners/beta readers?

 

We have a critique forum where you are welcome to post your work. However, it will only open up to you when you have reached 10 comments and the system has had a chance to catch up. Then, you can post 2500-3000 words of your work. However, be sure to read the rules. You are required to critique two works of others for every one of your own. When the critique forum door opens for you, you can roam around and see how others critique/help out others. :D

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome Battle the Storm.  I write a Christian Blog for encouragement.  www.theprodigalpig.com

 

I love your question about what people are writing.  I have seen some of the others' post but did not always know what they like to work on.  

1 hour ago, lynnmosher said:

 

When you are ready to publish your book, be sure you check with us here on the site so we can help you. There are lots of spammers out there just waiting to take your money.

 

 

 

We have a critique forum where you are welcome to post your work. However, it will only open up to you when you have reached 10 comments and the system has had a chance to catch up. Then, you can post 2500-3000 words of your work. However, be sure to read the rules. You are required to critique two works of others for every one of your own. When the critique forum door opens for you, you can roam around and see how others critique/help out others. :D

Lynn I like your profile pic!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, BattleTheStorm said:

Yes it is quite a few places. My imagination sometimes likes to freshen things up a bit up sometimes. 😅

 

Christian fiction for girls, Oh nice! May I ask is you're writing for teen girls? 

 

I'd love that! Right now my WIP's aren't ready to be read, but I can let you know when they are if you'd like.

Yes, but younger tweens could read them too. I've read stuff that was supposed to be adult women's Christian fiction, and I loved it; I wouldn't mind if younger girls read them!

And sure! I think you have to post at least ten comments and let the system catch up (according to lynnmosher) before you can post your writings on the Critique and Feedback so that others can read them. You're also supposed to give at least two other critiques for other people's stories for every one section of your writing that you post. That is, once you're allowed on critique and Feedback.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

Yes, but younger tweens could read them too. I've read stuff that was supposed to be adult women's Christian fiction, and I loved it; I wouldn't mind if younger girls read them!

And sure! I think you have to post at least ten comments and let the system catch up (according to lynnmosher) before you can post your writings on the Critique and Feedback so that others can read them. You're also supposed to give at least two other critiques for other people's stories for every one section of your writing that you post. That is, once you're allowed on critique and Feedback.

 

That is true! Books with a target audience helps find readers who specifically like what you're writing, but it doesn't always mean others won't enjoy it.I read outside my genre sometimes because I can learn new writing skills I wouldn't otherwise.Plus it's nice to read a variety of things.

Thanks! The critique feature makes a little more sense now. 🙂

I have looked around for others stories but not sure if I'm looking in the right place.Mostly all I see is devotionals.

Do you have yours on here?

 

 

Just now, jennifer1113 said:

Welcome Battle the Storm.  I write a Christian Blog for encouragement.  www.theprodigalpig.com

 

I love your question about what people are writing.  I have seen some of the others' post but did not always know what they like to work on.  

Lynn I like your profile pic!

 

Nice to meet you Jennifer! Thanks for sharing your blog.I really like the name you gave it!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.