39 minutes ago, Zee said:

Nothing, necessarily...however, the two often come together. In the romance genre (as you probably know) the driving force of the story is relationship--problems, conflicts, development, etc. So I'm planning for romance stories where the main characters are already married, which is somewhat atypical, hence my fishing for ideas or examples.

Well, my question was more of a bad marriage joke. Something a clueless husband would ask and then immediately regret saying out loud. 🤭

It also doesn't help that I have a general dislike (crossing into loathing, actually) of romance novels. I'm sure there are some good ones out there, but I think the genre is plagued by ridiculous storylines. Oops, did I just say something that I'm going to regret? 😏

7 hours ago, Accord64 said:

Well, my question was more of a bad marriage joke. Something a clueless husband would ask and then immediately regret saying out loud. 

Oh, I thought you were serious, because you’re right—sometimes the romantic feelings precede marriage, sometimes they come after, sometimes (unfortunately) they never surface at all. In my case, I would have to say that I didn’t “fall in love” with my husband until after we were married...I think this is quite common in “traditional” or “ arranged” marriages.

7 hours ago, Accord64 said:

It also doesn't help that I have a general dislike (crossing into loathing, actually) of romance novels. I'm sure there are some good ones out there, but I think the genre is plagued by ridiculous storylines. Oops, did I just say something that I'm going to regret? 😏

Hey, you should try one of mine! They’re intended for a younger, feminine audience, of course, but they’re “different” enough you might enjoy them...

• Like 1