10 hours ago, zx1ninja said:

Negative political adds should be outlawed. 

Just saying. 

Outlawing them would be unconstitutional.  

The First Amendment states:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

However, deliberately printing anything that is untrue, in hope of harming  someone,  is illegal.  It's called libel, and is punishable.

The problem is that when it comes to political adds, libel laws don't apply.  If they did, campaigns would be so much different.

• Like 1

I'd be careful about saying that.  The truth can be ugly.  The truth can be negative.  

When Jesus confronted the religious elite of his day, he could be a fairly Negative Nelly, calling them brood vipers, and whitewashed crypts.

And how often has we heard glowing promises, from people who have absolutely no intention to make good on their word?

The rain falls on sinner and saint alike.

• Like 1

Z, I'm with you! I hate them! I do wish there was a way to get rid of them. They are usually lies or twisted truths or taken out of context. I don't listen to any of them. I turn the sound OFF! It all makes me angry! :mad:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lynnmosher said:

I don't listen to any of them. I turn the sound OFF! It all makes me angry! :mad:

Between COVID, protests, looting, and a particularly contentious political season, 2020 has brought out the beast in us all...

werewolf.gif.2f430417bfc312e76cde48ea927777eb.gif

Edited by Accord64
  • Like 2

Good points all of them. I'm just sick of so much negativity. NO ONE is seroiusly talking about what they're going to do to try and fix it, only what the other person's done wrong. And it's infiltrated everything, nothing is left out. After everything else this year it's sad, just plain sad. 😥 😔 😟 

Honestly, I agree. Even my mom thinks that the candidates are wasting money sending out ads about themselves or ads that are attacking their opponents. It's really hard to figure out what's true and what's not, especially because the liberal media these days stretches things out more than it really is.

• Like 1

Although I live in Australia, it is no different over here. We shouldn't be surprised at all the negativity out there, just look at a lot of news, social media, cyber bullying and internet in general. The secular world and even some who claim to be Christians are full of negative and destructive behaviour. Even the Bible tells us that the heart of man is wicked above all else, who can know it? We shouldn't be surprised at what mankind does, and we shouldn't be naive and ignore the fact that the enemy is always looking for opportunities to steal, kill and destroy man and keep him from God. It is only through salvation that we are able to seek God for a new heart and live by a better standard of life. Whether it's because of the wickedness in their hearts or them allowing the enemy's thoughts and influences to enter their hearts and minds, we should be appalled but not surprised for we are aliens in this world and although we live in it, we are not meant to be part of it. They do not live by our standards and all we can do is pray and seek God as the battle belongs to the Lord. 

• Like 2