Looking for some topic starters

Hey, I've got a website up and going, but I was wondering what kind of topics that are related to writing (but fall more into the writing life advice) would be interesting to all of you. An example would be, I personally struggle not to beat myself up mentally when life happens, and I can't write for a time. Seriously, great aunt Ethel didn't have three strokes and pluck a chicken at midnight, so I would not be able to write. Yes, I'm making a joke to make a point. Everyone knows it's too dark for plucking at midnight. 😁😄

Is there anything you guys would like to hear about? 

Self doubt. I mean, shouldn't I just get a real job or something? 

(And don't worry, I'm not planning to. That's just what I struggle with most as a writer.)

Writing takes so long to see results the way the world judges them that it often feels like I'm "doing nothing".  That's another thing I struggle with. 

• Like 1

Here is one: How to find a quiet place to write. I have three daughters in college, all at home taking classes on Zoom. There are many evenings when I would have preferred to write, but there was too much activity. What can I do?

I honestly would like to know how you create the worlds and plots you do! You have so many stories I have seen pieces of and I know you have more in your back pocket. As someone who struggles with worldbuilding, I am in awe of this! 

18 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

I'd also be interested in how to write without distractions.

With all that goes on in Alley's life, I think "how to write in spite of the distractions" would be easier for her. (Or maybe that's what you meant?)

On 10/24/2020 at 2:59 PM, Claire Tucker said:

Writing takes so long to see results the way the world judges them that it often feels like I'm "doing nothing".  That's another thing I struggle with.

Yeah! I think we all feel like this at times. 

On 10/24/2020 at 5:16 PM, paulchernoch said:

How to find a quiet place to write. I have three daughters in college, all at home taking classes on Zoom. There are many evenings when I would have preferred to write, but there was too much activity. What can I do?

Oh! Good one! 

23 hours ago, PenName said:

As someone who struggles with worldbuilding, I am in awe of this! 

🤔 Finding words to explain this might take some serious thought. 

22 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

I'd like to see how to pick your plots (PenName suggested this already) and what inspired you to pick them. I'd also be interested in how to write without distractions. Thanks!

I see a double vote. 😄 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, carolinamtne said:

With all that goes on in Alley's life, I think "how to write in spite of the distractions" would be easier for her. (Or maybe that's what you meant?)

4 hours ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

@carolinamtne That's not what I meant, but now that you mention it, I could go for a few tips on that as well. ;)

😆 It might be a lack of sanity! 😁😋 

These are great ideas, guys! Thank you all! 😊 

• Haha 1