Beta readers for fiction novel Strong Like Wildflowers

Hello,

Newbie here.  If you're interested in the following, I'd love to hear from you and would be very appreciative for feedback and insights.  I have two readers lined up but both have personal connections and I know many of you could really help.

Book's tease:

A struggling man and a charming, yet hurting boy share a cosmic connection as they team up to stop the boy’s father from disappearing forever, each hoping to find wholeness and healing in the process.  In their race against a powerful curse on the boy's father, all the two must do is learn to fly, love themselves, and avoid being destroyed by sentient wolves.  Perhaps a mysterious man and a beautiful and powerful crane may be able to help them, but will they before either gives up and disappears themselves?

More context:

I've fictionalized my own real life story, adding some mild fantasy elements to share what it means to grow up with one or both parents leaving.  It's my hope the realness with which I deal with the feelings of abandonment millions in our country have faced will help others address their own hurts and see there is a "Good Father" who has always been there for us.

The book is not short (almost 93k words).  It has gone through a paid editorial assessment by an editor who has worked in some of the bigger publishers who had very positive feedback.  Feeling stuck on a few things and would love to have a few readers help me get "unstuck" directionally.  Thanks so much!

-Eric

Once you get to ten posts, you could put up a section in the critique forum. That way, people could get a feel for your writing style and the story. Just make sure you read the rules for that forum. :)

Hope that helps! :D

You've got a cool title for your book, by the way! 

Edited by HK1
25 minutes ago, HK1 said:

Once you get to ten posts, you could put up a section in the critique forum. That way, people could get a feel for your writing style and the story. Just make sure you read the rules for that forum. :)

Hope that helps! :D

You've got a cool title for your book, by the way! 

Thanks for the tip!  I see.  So I should start ten total new threads?  Or does commenting on other’s threads count as a post?  Thanks for the advice and for the kind words!

Thanks Ora!  I’ll reply to your message.  Note- it’s actually quite grounded in “normal” world stuff.  Just bends some normal rules of how the world works but not any kind of wizards or magic or whatever.  Thanks