27 publishers that accept unsolicited submissions

Actually, there is one.

Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company

Founded in 1911 and located in Grand Rapids, Michigan, Wm. B. Eerdmans Publishing Company is an independent publisher of religious books. They have a large range, including academic books and reference works in theology, biblical studies, and religious history to popular titles in spirituality, social and cultural criticism, as well as literature. They are primarily a print publisher with excellent distribution. My local independent bookstore regularly carries a number of their titles.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, Shamrock said:

I came across this site which I thought might be of interest.  It contains stories about rejections by LA and also a list of agents in various countriesSite.

Now THAT is helpful.  It has a bunch of literary agencies that I hadn't discovered yet.

Thanks.

HAs anyone come across this site.  I was directed to it by a UK Christian publisher to submit my meditations book.

Submittable website

(and yes, that is the correct spelling of the site's name.)

It looks like a vehicle for a company to use for a project which involves several team members in different locations so not a specific author/writer site. Interesting though as it is not one I have known a publisher or agent use. Most just have their own online submissions page.

It is rather standard, at least for short stories I have submitted. It is simply a vehicle to submit text to the appropriate publisher, agency, or whatever. It's sort of a middle man between the sender and the receiver.

Generally when I have used it, there is a direct link from the submission page of whatever magazine/publisher I am submitting to. It doesn't go to the home page, but rather to a page directed at wherever I am sending.

Edited by carolinamtne

OK. Question:

The material I submitted yesterday evening via Submittal  has been reject.  

I have had a couple of rejects lately that have come back in less than 24hrs of submission - I do research and select who I sub to so it is not random. I am beginning to wonder if agents/publisher are starting to use some kind of online system for vetting submissions - as employers do applications.

Does this sound likely or am I just being spat out by some poor soul glued to a PC all day going through the slush pile?