(The title I make by borrowing from dumasfils' words in a Poetry Club post.  I recommend reading Psalm 8:4-8 first.  Well, my South Carolinian accent showed when I wrote it "divine".   I was mentally pronouncing it DE-vine)

What is man, the “I” in “Me”?

That mindful massing of dignity

Sprung on earth, in angels’ care

To serve creation off the chair.

Up!  Grab the works of divine hands!

What is written still commands

A tending by the human heart

of fish, fowl, sheep, foals—out of the Ark

But most of all thy fellow man,

Each gifted “I” from Great I Am. 

Edited by Ragamuffin_John
  • Like 2

Superb! Superb! Outstanding and just short enough to be enough said, but what a way to say it. Wow, you show you are really impressed by our savior. Oh, that He will teach you more; allow you to write more, for to be a blessing to us who 'shine' as other facets in his jewel. Bravo! Brother. God's Speed, and please think more, write more, and live Him more. In this writing you tell He is healing lots of deep parts of you. I am happy for you, and us who have a chance to know you. Well done.

• Like 1

Ps. When I start my writing class, I must out of a good 'hunger' invite you. Hopefully, it will be here on this venue. One of the first things I have in mind to present is the single thought which makes a great writer is the love for making titles: if that love is gargantuan...so much more comes easier, and that 'I' pours forth its power —God underlying of course, as you write in this piece. Very accurate you are. 

(I apologize for the number of comments, but when every line of a poem has something great and lovely in it, I am astonied. And I should say, it doesn't happen very often that I cannot contain the thoughts a work is doing in me. Beautiful piece. He shows that He is teaching you well how to exalt the 'I' in your reader. Outstanding. Again, I have to apologize for having so much to say, but is it my fault that you have written so much?  Thank God for you.)

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.