God's Fingerprints

Everything that we see,

God’s fingerprint is there.

It seems inconspicuous in such a big world!

Take a moment, please, to stop and stare.

Look at the sunset in the night

Exploding with rose, orange, and violet.

If you look closely, it resembles a painting

With the paints accenting the twilight.

Notice the strokes of the paintbrush

As it glides it to and fro.

Who handled this brush? It was God, of course!

He overlapped each crevice high and low.

Now take a look at the closest tree-

Run your fingers down the bark.

Feel the grooves spindle past;

From up above, hear the singing of the lark.

Pluck a leaf from a branch

And gaze at it well;

Note the veins curving symmetrically.

Its rich color the season will tell.

Watch the systematic squirrel

Gathering acorns for his stash.

If another takes just one of his,

At that thief he will lash.

Now gaze at yourself in the mirror

Or in a pool of water, crystal clear.

Look at the features God made you with!

For He loves you very dear.

Your sparkling eyes, your smiling lips,

The hair upon your head-

God’s fingerprints are marked right there!

It is you He has clothed, healed, and fed.

His fingerprints are invisible,

Yet visible to those who stop and stare.

Appreciate His gentle touch

Because, my friend, He is there.

• Like 3

Ky, So well written and your passions and realizations of what this world with it's overseeing God means to you. The blessing you have given us in this one poem will help sustain among us both those that need help in their 'unbelief' and the strong. I too love writing about these grand and powerful subjects because they exalt the I in me. Beauty= that which exalts. Well done. Very well done.

• Like 1
On 10/15/2020 at 1:13 AM, dumasfils said:

Ky, So well written and your passions and realizations of what this world with it's overseeing God means to you. The blessing you have given us in this one poem will help sustain among us both those that need help in their 'unbelief' and the strong. I too love writing about these grand and powerful subjects because they exalt the I in me. Beauty= that which exalts. Well done. Very well done.

dumasfils:   Brother, your words "exalt the I in me.  Beauty=that which exalts"--well, those leapt off the page as I read them.   Made me think of Psalms 8:4-8 and I felt prompted to write a poem, borrowing from your verbiage.  I share that in another Poetry Club post.   Be blessed.

Thank you, I'm appreciative, more than I can write now. But deeply so. And I should say: this 'day', your 'day' is one of the rare few times I have connected so with the 'honor' from another writer. Additionally, I must say you already do another thing which I will present in my class: you add a dimension; good writing must, must add a dimension to things. And you did it very well in your piece. Please don't stop; it is an essential part of the prime directive.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.