Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
suspensewriter

All My Websites Went Down!

I got attacked by vicious Malware, and my service provider--whom I've been with for 10 years--had to take down on my websites.  So now I've got to rebuild them all.

So, please pray for me while I do this!

• Sad 5

This is a monumental task!  I pray you turn it into a blessing, with a new and sparkling brand!  

• Like 1

OH NO!!! I'm sooooooooo sorry, SW! Bless your heart. That's a tremendous and stressful job. Please take care of yourself so it does not overwhelm you. Surely praying for you, my friend. I know you and the Lord can handle it. What did Jesus say? “Do you really believe I can do this?” ;);)

• Like 2

Did your provider have backups? If so, I'll be happy to jump in and help you post them. Just let me know.

Aaagh!   That awful SW.

Didn't your provide have back-up copies of your sites?

Will be praying for you. As Lynn says, terrible stressful job to have to done all over again. 

Lord, SW has lost all the websites that he was posting his words glorifying you. I ask that you give the strength, presence of mind and perhaps Lord, a few backups to restore them and continue glorifying you. Maybe Lord in a new and spectacular way. In Jesus name; amen. 

If there's anything I can do let me know, I'll do what I can to help. 

Pray God gives you the grace and strength to rebuild.  I hope you have back ups of what was on your sites.

This is the wrong site to use the words you were probably considering. (Or you're better than that!)

Praying! Praying that you had backups!

We may not "see" you for a while. You're going to be very busy.

Sorry to hear this.

I can't say I haven't been there before.  When you write software, you do a lot of searching, and sometimes you come across something bad.

Prayers sent.

Man, thanks everyone for your prayers.  I've been busy all day restoring them and I'm not even a tenth of the way done!

By the way, Rebecca, I had backups, but those were infected, too.  Thanks for the offer of help, though!

• Like 1

Is this the place to ask if backups to the cloud would be safe? Well, nothing is safe, but would they have been infected at the same time? 

Edited by carolinamtne

SW, I'm curious. If you have several sites, how did they all get infected? What was the common denominator? What did you use/install across the board?

13 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

s this the place to ask if backups to the cloud would be safe? Well, nothing is safe, but would they have been infected at the same time?

Good questions, Carolina. I was going to start a new thread just on backups. I'll take your question over there.