Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Vance Kessler

Critique Groups?

Are there any critique groups to join here? I recently self-published my 9th book but have only used beta-readers, so far. I'd like to join a more focused critique group supporting Christian, science-fiction-ish themed books. I have read (and tried to implement things from) many books on writing over the years and think I could help improve other author's work too. Not saying I'm better than other authors but that I might see things from a different perspective.

My latest book was just released My First 10,000 Years in Heaven.

If you want to contact me privately,...

Glad you joined us, Vance. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here. We have a critique forum/group where you post your work and those who can will jump in and critique your work. Be sure you read the rules. Oh, and I had to remove your email address as bots roam the site and love to gobble up email addresses! ;) Blessings on your writing! :D

2 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

We have a critique forum/group where you post your work and those who can will jump in and critique your work.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that I saw that forum. I was wondering if there were smaller groups where the members could get to know each others styles and work a little more intimately.

We have a few clubs but I believe they are merely discussion groups. So, no, the forum is it. It's not a large group so you will get to know them fairly well. :D

Hi Vance,

We trade completed works back and forth on occasion. If you've ever heard of LitRPG, that's the genre I'm currently working in. I'd be willing to trade back and forth with you to see if there is a mutually beneficial need.