My name is Jim Shaver, I have been married for over thirty years. I have two grown children, and three granddaughters.  I am a playwright, screenwriter, filmmaker and author. My wife and I have been attending the same church in Oceanside, CA for over thirty years. We have served in many areas over the years, but primarily I oversee the theater arts ministry where I have written, and staged many sketches and plays. They have been in different genres such as spoof (A Christmas Cliche), Mystery (Diamonds, Moths, & Rust), Fantasy (Less Than Charming), and Science Fiction (a la Poursuite de Roux). I write, and shoot short films as a hobby. Also I tried my hand at feature film scripts. I've written two, and one was nominated for best screenplay at the 2019 International Christian Film + Music Festival. Starting in 2018 I felt the Lord pulling me in the direction of writing books, and this year I published my first book on Amazon, Exit Wonderland. I have three more books in different states of development. Prayerfully I will be able to publish two of them before years end.

• Like 8

Welcome to our writing family, Jim. Glad you joined us. Congrats on all your work. Sounds like you're putting all your gits/talents to good use! You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 2

That’s interesting!  My parents were from Lancaster PA, so I grew up here.  I’m now retired twice, once from Air National Guard as C-130 pilot, second, from ministry, as PCUSA minister.  Now podcasting - Encouraging Words, links at charliegross.com.  Looking for ways to share my encouragement.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/10/2020 at 6:37 PM, Jim Shaver said:

My name is Jim Shaver, I have been married for over thirty years. I have two grown children, and three granddaughters.  I am a playwright, screenwriter, filmmaker and author. My wife and I have been attending the same church in Oceanside, CA for over thirty years. We have served in many areas over the years, but primarily I oversee the theater arts ministry where I have written, and staged many sketches and plays. They have been in different genres such as spoof (A Christmas Cliche), Mystery (Diamonds, Moths, & Rust), Fantasy (Less Than Charming), and Science Fiction (a la Poursuite de Roux). I write, and shoot short films as a hobby. Also I tried my hand at feature film scripts. I've written two, and one was nominated for best screenplay at the 2019 International Christian Film + Music Festival. Starting in 2018 I felt the Lord pulling me in the direction of writing books, and this year I published my first book on Amazon, Exit Wonderland. I have three more books in different states of development. Prayerfully I will be able to publish two of them before years end.

Nice to meet you Jim! Cool to see that you are a novelist and filmaker!

I'm involved in a film crew as well called Creative Truth Films.

Are any of your short films on Youtube?