Hi everyone,

I have recently finished editing a book that has been on my desktop for quite a few years now. I feel that God has given me the dream of the book being published.

The book is titled What Does It Mean To Be Free? and in the book I talk about what it means to be free. I talk about my life experiences that have either made me go further down the path of being free, or less so. I also reveal some of my deepest secrets.

The book talks about how going to God is the best and truest way to become free, and how one can be truly set free in God.

I am looking for beta readers so that feedback can be obtained on the book.

I would be delighted if anyone is interested in being a beta reader for this book.

Thanks so much!

God Bless!

So who is your target audience?  It would seem from your description that your audience would consist of young men.  If not, and if the views of a retired old lady would be of help, I would be happy to read for you.

How many pages/words is the book?

Hi @Ora,

Thank you so much for your reply!

The target audience would be young adults, but I honestly think that this story could be for anyone. This is the case because the concept of being free touches so many aspects of our lives, such as desire, hope, and wonderment.

I am delighted that you would like to read the book. Thank you so much @Ora.

The book is 55,400 words.

Thanks @Ora!

Hi @RLHicks,

Thank you so much for your interest in the book that I wrote.

I really do think that this book could be for anyone because being free touches so many aspects of our lives.

I am using non-fiction to tell the story.

In the book, I am telling my life experiences that have either led me to become more free, or less so. The book describes how going to God is the preeminent way of becoming free.

On 10/24/2020 at 12:14 AM, RussChappell said:

In the book, I am telling my life experiences that have either led me to become more free, or less so. The book describes how going to God is the preeminent way of becoming free.

Hi @RussChappell, it sounds interesting and, although I don't typically read non-fiction biography/memoir type books, however, I would be interested in reading yours. I struggle with walking out my freedom in Christ.  I know He has set me free but I don't always walk as though I am free.  I believe you are correct in that the book could be for anyone despite the original target YA audience. 

Hi @RLHicks,

I am excited that you want to read the book.

I completely understand your point.

The best way to describe the book is that the freedom that this world offers is only a temporary way of being free, but that isn't the way to become truly free. True freedom, true happiness, and true joy is found only in God.

Thank you so much @RLHicks!

Thank you a lot for your interest in my book @RLHicks!