New from the United Kingdom

Hello there.

As many I crash around leaving comments on social media in the hope that I leave a little light somewhere. Additionally, I write blogs and have been trying to write a few books for years now, with most resulting in an article if I finish them at all, yet there are one or two I haven't given-up on, but keep beavering away at.

Ecclesiastes 11:1
Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.

I signed-up on a whim, thinking that if I hung around long enough I might pick-up a few skills here. 

What I'm really interested in is how to keep 'the big picture' in mind while writing. I've tried writing an outline but somehow still losing 'the big picture' ... I keep running off on little rabbit trails which though interesting leave me way out in the middle of a field when I finally lift my head.

Some of you guys have great minds, long experience and a huge toolbox of skills but for the rest of us lesser beings I've looked to software in an attempt to keep me on track but was wondering what other 'lesser beings' have turned to.

In Christ, Karl.

• Like 2

Welcome to our writing family, Karl. Glad you joined us. I would take your question and post it in the writing forum and you'll get better answers there since this is just for welcoming you. You'll find plenty of help, support, and encouragement around here, so roam around and make yourself at home. Blessings on your writing! :D

• Like 1

Welcome, it's nice to meet you! 

2 hours ago, Karl Munford said:

I've tried writing an outline but somehow still losing 'the big picture' ... I keep running off on little rabbit trails which though interesting leave me way out in the middle of a field when I finally lift my head.

😄 Me too, and several others. Some people outline line a little at a time with a rough idea of where they are headed in the end. Some don't outline. My best advice is to try lots of methods and go with what works best for you. And... 😃 That would be a great question to ask! I'm sure you'll get a lot of different answers. 

• Like 2