Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
RussChappell

critique & feedback My New Book - What Does It Mean To Be Free?

Hi everyone,

I have recently joined this website, and I am looking for a way to jumpstart the dream of mine of the book that I wrote, What Does It Mean To Be Free?, being published.

I feel as if God has given me this dream of becoming a Christian writer, and also of the book being published.

I have posted the entire book What Does It Mean To Be Free? in The Reading Room on this website.

I would be delighted if you would read the book.

I would appreciate any feedback, ranging from what could be improved in the book, to what are the possible next steps I could take towards the potential of the book being published.

Thanks so much!

God Bless!

20 minutes ago, RussChappell said:

I have posted the entire book What Does It Mean To Be Free? in The Reading Room on this website.

If you're planning to publish it, it's best not to post the whole thing on websites due to plagiarism concerns. We do have a critique section on here where you can post small sections once you've reached 10 posts. This critique section has guards against plagiarism. @lynnmosher would know a lot more about that than I do. :)

• Like 2

Hi HK1,

Thank you so much for the advice. I didn't know that.

I will take the post down and instead just post a few sections.

Then, when I reach that necessary number of posts, I will certainly post some sections in that critique section.

I was also just wondering about what would be the first steps in trying to get the book published. I say this because though I have been editing the book a lot recently, the book is now completed, and it seems as if I don't know what the next step should be. For example, I remember one time, a year or two ago, I thought about publishing to KDP on Amazon, but that scared me because there was a complicated process of doing that.

Thanks a lot HK1.

God Bless!

• Like 1

HK, thanks so much for that. I haven't been able to get over here.

Russ, if you make 10 comments and allow the system to catch, you are welcome to post your work in the critique forum and have others take a look at it. Be sure to read the rules when you get there. :)

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, RussChappell said:

I was also just wondering about what would be the first steps in trying to get the book published.

You should definitely check out the writing and publishing part of the forum. I know there have been a lot of threads about the publishing process there. And if you don't find what you're looking for, you can always post a question :)

And congratulations on finishing your book! That's a huge accomplishment! :D 

• Thanks 1

Hi Lynn,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Thanks for telling me about the necessary number of posts that has to be made.

I have looked at the rules in the critique section and I will follow those rules.

Thanks Lynn.

God Bless!

Hi HK1,

Thanks for the advice.

I will certainly check out that forum. I have really been wanting to know how to try to get the book published as, once again, I have no idea what to do first to start the process.

Thank you so much HK1! Thank you for your kind words!

God Bless!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.