Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Chuck Kralik

Marketing Best Practices

Hey, everyone! I've just published my first Christian children's book, "Finished: A Fictional Story With Heavenly Truth". I thought I'd open things up for other writers to share their best practices when it comes to marketing a book. What is one piece of advice you'd share with a new author? Ready, go...

4 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Do you have a website? Are you connected to social media? Check out Bookbub. Email list. Book reviewers. Gather a launch team. Be a guest on blogs. And others I can't thin of right now.

Here's an articleAnd another. And another. :D

Thanks so much, Lynn! I'll check out the suggested articles. I appreciate all of your help. I'm mostly selling books to family and friends right now, but would like to expand that. 

32 minutes ago, suspensewriter said:

Lynn is giving you good advice, Chuck.  In addition to that, though, you might try a YouTube announcement.

Thanks, SW! I thought about something like that. When our church wasn't meeting due to the pandemic, I was recording messages and putting them on YouTube. I've thought about doing something like that with my book. I always appreciate your support and encouragement!

4 hours ago, carolinamtne said:

Not having done so ...

But this is a good idea.

Thanks for responding. I've got some ideas, but am looking to others for additional insight. Let me know if you come up with something. Be blessed!

I got several book bloggers who review books in my genre to read mine and post reviews on their websites, plus Amazon, etc. This seems to be a good way to get exposure for a new book.

19 minutes ago, Zee said:

I got several book bloggers who review books in my genre to read mine and post reviews on their websites, plus Amazon, etc. This seems to be a good way to get exposure for a new book.

Thanks, Zee! I appreciate the suggestions!