Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
AndyZies

I'm good at Rock-N-Roll, Church Planting, & Sending Missionaries...

Hey guys.

It was suggested that I do a bit of an introduction here. I've been a member on this site for some time, but just recently rediscovered it. 

I toured the world in a rock band since 2003, started doing overseas missions with the band in 2009, launched a missions organization called "A Jesus Mission" to help missionaries, musicians, and church planters who did not fit in the normal "missionary" box, and now focus on sending people into the world to equip the found and find the lost.

In the writing world I sometimes post to the blog on ajesusmission.org and am about to start a marketing surge aimed at releasing a new book. The book's aim is to push the church forward... specifically believers who've been on the bench for too long. The main concept of the book is that if we understand the mission of Christ, we will be better able to engage in it ourselves. 

I live in Camas, Washington (near Vancouver, Washington, which is just outside of Portland, Oregon) with my wife of nearly 17 years. We are about to have our first child - a little girl. She is due at the end of January. 

Outside of those things I play as much golf as possible, am a bit of a coffee nerd, and enjoy earning frequent flyer miles.

Nice to meet you all. 

Andy

Welcome, it's nice to meet you! 

10 minutes ago, AndyZies said:

We are about to have our first child - a little girl. She is due at the end of January. 

Aw! 🥰 Congratulations to you both! 

• Like 2

Welcome, AndyZies! Nice to have you here. Your ministry sounds like a very needed one. (I know something about not fitting into that typical "missionary" box.)

• Like 1

Hello, Andy! Glad you introduced yourself. Welcome to the gang! Your organization sounds wonderful. So glad you're helping missionaries. A noble and blessed endeavor. Blessings on your writing! :D

12 hours ago, Joshua Benefiel said:

Welcome, Andy, both to CW and to fatherhood! I loved to read about your missionary journeys; I used to be a missionary myself.

Where did you work?

14 hours ago, Joshua Benefiel said:

Welcome, Andy, both to CW and to fatherhood! I loved to read about your missionary journeys; I used to be a missionary myself.

Where did you serve at?!

2 hours ago, Zee said:

Where did you work?

My band would travel doing outreach events alongside various churches through the world. We would mostly spend our time working in Europe, but also worked in Thailand, Japan, Australia, South Africa, Mexico, Belize, Etc... We helped share the Gospel in 35 countries! Pretty insane what God let's us do when we just say yes to open doors.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Joshua Benefiel said:

Zee,

I spent a couple of years in Mexico, mostly working at orphanages.

We have done a lot in Mexico. Mostly in Ensenada, TJ, Mexico City, and Lyon.

18 hours ago, Zee said:

Welcome, AndyZies! Nice to have you here. Your ministry sounds like a very needed one. (I know something about not fitting into that typical "missionary" box.)

What have you been doing that dosent fit in the box?! I'd love to hear more!

3 hours ago, AndyZies said:

What have you been doing that dosent fit in the box?! I'd love to hear more!

We used to work in a "closed" country with a humanitarian NGO...now we're back in the States and I work as an informal interpreter/advocate for the local refugee community from that country. Good times.

• Like 1