Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
Hobbitchild

other New Paperback Released! Plus KDP Publishing Tips

Hi!

So, finally, the paperback version of my book for geared toward ages 9-11 is now available in paperback format. It is called Memory Lane was Moved, and it is about an 11-year-old who suddenly lost his memory and finds himself friendless and alone in the city. This book deals with national security threats, secret agents, and more! 

I am going to discuss some of the process of trying to get your paperback printed using Kindle Direct Publishing. It is rather technical, and it caused frustration to me as I tried to figure it out. If electronic jargon scares you or stresses you out, I would recommend perhaps getting on the phone with KDP customer service and having them talk you through it.

Okay, so if you're looking into making a paperback, I would suggest not necessarily using the template they provide for the interior design cover. That was what I used first, and I would recommend a different method simply because that was the method that worked for me. I'm not saying that the template won't work, but whatever I did when I first tried ended up in my first version not working. I'm not exactly sure what I did, but I think that it could have been that I used an online converter to convert from .docx to .pdf (which is what it's supposed to be).

Anyway, I was on the phone with KDP customer service for almost half an hour, and by the time I hung up, I hadn't gotten my cover formatted yet. Fortunately, though, that helped to figure out where to go from there. I used Canva and got the measurements from KDP of how big to make the cover. From there, I converted inches to pixels and used those numbers (approximately) to format a cover. Then, I just kept uploading different versions of that file, previewing it, and making slight adjustments to get everything to line up.

So, there you go! I know it's very confusing, but basically, if you just use Canva and get the right measurements, eventually it should work. Just make sure to export your Canva file as a PDF that is small in file size.

The link to my new paperback book is here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JLQLPXH/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=1600877949&sr=8-1 

I've ordered one author copy. Hopefully, it will turn out!

Edited by Hobbitchild

I just released a children's book through Kindle Direct Publishing. I had a very good experience, although I had someone format the book in advance. I wouldn't have know how to do all of that. Blessings on your book!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.