Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
yawarakai

Update on stuff

Well work is still busy.  I am still pulling 6 days a week along with getting calls to work extra.  Nobody wants to return to work since the COVID layoffs.  All vacations have been cancelled at work so no break there either.  My parents are stuck at home, my mom's COPD has her coughing and my dad was just diagnosed with early stage dementia (we suspected).  They are celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary October 1  and we can't throw them a party this year due to lockdown.  I tried to contact the governor to see if he could send them a card but he claims he is too busy with the state of emergency from COVID. (I suspect we are now in part of a plan to dehumanize people with the lockdowns and masks.  Make them easier to control)

My sister in China started an online facebook event to get as many cards for my parents as she could for their anniversary so they could feel special opening cards at least. One of their friends who is 80 sent them a birthday card instead. LOL  I have have been giving out my P.O. Box as an address for them so the house is not online with strangers.

• Like 2

You know, Y, you could do one of those drive-by celebrations I've seen others do. They decorate their cars and parade by several times as the celebrants sit out front. So if you have family or friends who would like to celebrate, see if you can arrange something like that. And wish them congratulations from all of us! That's a great milestone! :D

They don't want a drive by.  I all ready asked my mom, it would embarrass her. But I did contact the fire department and the EMT's who keep coming to pick her up when she falls will be sending them a card.  They are really enjoying the cards that are starting to show up now.

If anyone here wants to send one it is

John and Dianne Pardoe

P.O. Box 38035

Olmsted Falls Ohio, 44138

(That is the PO box I rent for my business, never wanted my home address on anything. Even my websites are registered there)

My niece has be hanging up all the cards for them and complaining that it is too much work, LOL  They don;t even have a lot yet, just enough to cover the dining room window.

• Haha 1

image.thumb.png.2bc43d3c3a38249445527956fd08b138.png

State Senator Tom Patton and the Speaker of the house sent them a proclamation for their anniversary.

• Like 2

Yup and they now know that we have been asking people for cards.  My sister spilled the beans that she started a Facebook event to get people to send them cards.  It is interesting that of all the people I contacted, city was first to respond, state next and feds totally ignored it.  I guess congress is not concerned with people just themselves.

My dad has also finished the drawings I asked him to do for another coloring book.  Now I have to ink them and scan them to put them together and finish something else to get him drawing (it is supposed to help his dementia)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, carolinamtne said:

That coloring book is a great idea! Have you considered publishing it?

This will be my 4th coloring book using the Amazon publishing.  The first one I did was for my niece when she was a little kid about the smallest angel at Christmas.  The last one was about an Excavator named Eddie (I was working security on construction sights and just saw eyes on the vehicles in my mind and wrote it) who was actually a friend of mine before he passed this year.  The excavators 3 kids were the names of Eddie's three kids and his friends were all people he knew.  I gave 4 copies to him for him and his kids, his youngest wants to buy some more.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, suspensewriter said:

Yes, that surely is @yawarakai!  Congratulations.

My niece counted the cards today, there are 80 on the wall and she has hung everyone of them up (complaining under her breath about having to hang them all for grandma)

• Like 1