Welcome to Christian Writers!

We are a friendly community built around Christian writing, publishing, reading and fellowship. Register or sign in today to join in the fun!
lynnmosher

Prayers pleae / city in state of emergency

I'm asking for your prayers again, please. Our city is in a state of emergency. Downtown is all boarded up against the violence that is expected from B-L-M as the verdict of the B-r-e-o-n-n-a T-a-y-l-o-r will be announced, possibly at 3:00 pm Thank you!

• Like 1

Yikes! Praying,

Also read an article from the Courier Journal. This quote from the mayor stood out:

“Again, we do not know when the announcement will come, but we must prepare for it. Our goal is ensuring space and opportunity for potential protesters to gather and express their First Amendment rights after the announcement."

Reading between the lines, that's pretty much an open invitation for all sorts of problems.   

For sure! I pray they stay downtown and harm no one or anything. And thanks so much for your prayers, Accord. 🧡

Thank you, RMG, SW, SG, Rebecca, Carolina, and KYG. So appreciate your precious prayers.

3 minutes ago, carolinamtne said:

And praying that people will not feel so unjusticed that they need to react.

Amen!

1 hour ago, Sarah Grace said:

Are you in a safe area? Away from downtown??

Oh, yes! Hardly anything happens in our area. Except for an occasional accident. However, the marchers did march down the busiest street in the county, maybe even the state. Which is about three miles from us. Had some scuffles there. But wasn't bad.

1 minute ago, Ky_GirlatHeart said:

are there any news??

We had heard it was going to be about 3:00pm. But we haven't heard anything yet. I'm sure it will be in the news everyone after it all comes out.

• Like 1

Just found out that the announcement will come around 1:30pm today. Thank you all again for your prayers. This may be very rough.

4 hours ago, lynnmosher said:

Even international news is here. Everyone is on edge.

Yeah, just watched live national news coverage. Now that the protesting is winding down, everyone seems to be waiting for the riots and looting to start. Although it seems like the PD is prepared. Was the National Guard called out? I thought I saw some Humvees in one of the live news feeds.

If the NG were called, I hadn't heard yet. Many are disappointed and upset. However, the investigation is still ongoing. Many places are closing. I pray it's a calm night.

Watching coverage now. Just reported that a police officer has been shot. No details, but things are not going in a good direction. Praying that things don't spiral. 

Good that the NG was called. We had a large "protest" here in MA back in July near a police station. Pretty clear that they were trying to repeat what happened in Minneapolis. Watched the whole thing live, and the show of force by the police and NG working together was impressive. They had the whole thing cleared out within an hour. There was never an attempt to take a police station in our state again.

• Like 1

That's great, Accord! Yeah, things got rocky. Actually, there were two policemen shot and will be okay. They found the guy who shot them and arrested him and charged him. A couple others were injured. The protesters looted businesses in several areas and started fires. They also arrested 127 protesters. The curfew continues for a couple more days. I pray this craziness doesn't continue. :(

• Like 1